Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
barbe_wa

HAVE: Kelso/Longview Swap, April 28

barbe_wa
12 years ago

I'm finally getting my trade list updated, more to come as I get them dug and potted. Anyway, I hope so - if the rain will hold off!

Comments (34)

• bejoy2
    12 years ago

Would you like some buttercup anemone? They're not going to be ready to divide for my trade next week, but I think I can divide them in time for yours, if you want them. Also, if the rain holds off, I can divide a blue star creeper, if you want it.
    Tammy

• bosaapje
    12 years ago

I've updated my exchange list. I'm sure it's not complete and will try to add as I go!

Diana

Here is a link that might be useful: My Exchange List

• barbe_wa
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Tammy, I would love some buttercup anemone and blue star creeper. I tried to get the creeper started several years ago, but it didn't make it. I don't know what I might have that you would like and that you don't have already, but as you know, there's always something to dig up around here!
    Diana, I know you will be interested in my herb garden and can probably find something to like. Please bring your seeds since I have some leftovers, too. We can do some trading! I tried to trade for some Reisentraube tomato seeds on the Seed Exchange, but everyone was out of them. It will be too late to start them for this year, but I would love to have a few for next year. If all goes well, I should have tomato starts and maybe a few other veggies.

• bosaapje
    12 years ago

Barbe - Sounds great! I planted some of the Reisenstraube at the same time as King of the North peppers. I got the tags mixed up and they didn't have their second set of leaves and I didn't know what's what. One came up very well, the other hardly sprouted and then died off. I'm waiting for the second set of leaves to find out if I have tomatoes or peppers! LOL All the seed is fresh, so I don't know what happened! Oh well...all part of the adventure, no? :)

• bejoy2
    12 years ago

I'm bringing some things to your trade that I didn't have at mine. It's a surprise, but I think you'll find a couple of things you like.
    Tammy

• barbe_wa
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Tammy, it seems like you always bring a lot of things that I like!

• bejoy2
    12 years ago

Bump.

I can't believe the trade is next weekend already! I still haven't gotten everything squared away from my trade yet! I will try to remember to bring my tool sharpening kit - with open end wrenches, this time! I'll put them in the kit right now, before I get distracted and forget.

Tammy

• barbe_wa
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Hey Tammy, not next weekend, the 21st, but the weekend after, the 28th. Heavens! I would never get it all done by next weekend - probably won't by the 28th either, but I should be a little further along, I hope.

• bejoy2
    12 years ago

Whew! False alarm. I might even be ready by then, too.

• bejoy2
    12 years ago

Mom and I have chocolate flower (Berlandiera lyrata), Stella d'Oro daylily, peachleaf bellflower, Shasta daisy, Autumn Joy sedum, strawberry, assotrted saxifrage, primrose, lily-of-the-valley, Husker's red penstemon, western hemlock, Iris ochreluca, lysimachia punctata, yucca, ajuga, sweet woodruff, bishop's weed, assorted hardy geraniums, Kale, periwinkle, crocosmia (montbretia), sedum, piggyback plant, forget-me-not, columbine, strawberry begonia, tulips, Mary Washington asparagus (roots and seedlings), kenilworth ivy, Victoria rhubarb, potentilla, and probably a few more things.

• barbe_wa
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Tammy, I would love to have one of your chocolate flowers. I don't know yet what all I will have, but hopefully you can find something you like even if we have to dig it!

• bejoy2
    12 years ago

Barb, I have a chocolate flower with your name on it! Mom wants to know when the Portland Plant Trade that you attend is, and where.

• barbe_wa
    Original Author
    12 years ago

I don't know if they're having one this year since I haven't heard anything yet. When and if I get the date, I'll let you know. It's been a little slow in Portland the last 2 or 3 years so they may have given up. I would enjoy going to one, too.

• barbe_wa
    Original Author
    12 years ago

I've added a few things to my trade list. Check it out.

Here is a link that might be useful: Barb's Exchange List

• pat_tea
    12 years ago

Tammy, I would also love a chocolate plant. A girl can't have too much chocolate. I'm also interested in saxifrage, hukster red, hardy geraniums, Rhubarb and asparagus

• nightnurse1968 (Suzy)
    12 years ago

Barb - I'd love some Marshmallow. I am going to try and dig a nice pink daylily I have and maybe a large hosta. I'll bring you some if I am able to accomplish that! Thanks,
    Susan

• barbe_wa
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Susan, I'll be happy to dig you a start of marshmallow, and I would enjoy a pink daylily and I'm sure Don can always use another hosta for his shade garden.

• bosaapje
    12 years ago

Barbe - You were right, I won't have any troubles finding something I'm interested to trade with you! I'm interested in the Asclepias speciosa, Marshmallow and Comfry. Also, I'm looking for a specific names Euphorbia. It's called Sunburst. Your unknown euphorbia probably ISN'T it, but it might not hurt to look. :) I have a hosta that needs dividing but don't know what variety it is. I also have some seeds that are great for Winter sowing you might want to see.

Bejoy - I would LOVE some of your Martha Washington Asparagas seedlings! Also of interest is your periwinkle and lysimachia punctata.

I added a few more things to my plant list. Here they are:

Oregano, Greek - I think. :)
    Lemon Balm
    Lovage, (Levisticum officinale)
    Sweet Cicely (Myrrhis odorata)
    Windflower (lavender/pinkish bloom. Hard to control. Careful where you plant it!
    Hosta, unknown variety - need to dig
    Crocosmia, Lucifer - need to dig

• pat_tea
    12 years ago

I have:

Magenta scabosia
    Speedwell Veronica
    Cluster bellflower
    Purple clematis
    sedge
    Pink Blueberry

• barbe_wa
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Pat_tea, I would like to trade for your purple clematis - I think I lost one of mine this winter.
    Bosapje, I'm sure Don would like another hosta. I don't think he ever gets enough! I'm sure the euphorbia isn't Sunburst - it's a rather common green one, but I think I can help with the rest of your wish list.

• bosaapje
    12 years ago

Barbe - I'll dig up the hosta this week. It's in a pretty shady spot here and just peeking through the earth.

Can't wait till Saturday!

• pat_tea
    12 years ago

Looking for any groundcover for full sun, clay soil. Or plants that will do well on sunny hill side.

• bejoy_gw
    12 years ago

Hi pat_tea ...I would love a pink blueberry..Veronica speedwell..and the cluster bellflower. Tammy (bejoy2)already posted many of the plants we will be bringing..but also we do have a few more..such as:

Astrantia..Euphorbia..Wood Aster..Heather/white..allium triquetrum...and a red daylily. The ajuga does well here in clay sunny spots..even hilly areas...as do the creeping sedums..with good drainage. We will be bringing both of those. Bejoy

• bosaapje
    12 years ago

It's almost Saturday! Yay! My transplants for the swap look good. I still have a couple I have to dig and the rain isn't helping any. As far as time goes, I won't be arriving until about 11:00a so save me some goodies!

See you there!

Diana

• kristella
    12 years ago

I will be coming by at about 12:45. I have Red China Eggplant (pumpkin on a stick) and Yellow Wonder Wild Strawberry starts to trade.

I am looking for any shade loving plants and herbs, and am especially fond of anything edible. I'm running out of room but that's okay. :-)

Anyone interested in joining our heirloom and organic gardening group for Cowlitz County on Facebook, see the link below.

Here is a link that might be useful: Cowlitz County Heirloom and Organic Gardeners, Info and Plant Exchange

• bosaapje
    12 years ago

I just received an order from FedCo seeds on April 23rd. Too many to list tonight. They're all organic. I have some greens, another tomato and pepper that should do well in short seasons, and a radish that's grown for it's leaf. I grew this last year and it's wonderful. I planted it later than I should have so they were baby greens all winter, then really took off this spring. Some of the greens I orderd this time around, I haven't even heard of. They're from the brassica family and are supposed to be good.

Don't expect me before 11:00-11:30a. I hope that's okay. I have to work evening shift at the hosptial and still be clear headed at nearly midnight. :)

• nightnurse1968 (Suzy)
    12 years ago

Barb just wanted you to know I was able to dig the daylily and hosta. Looking forward to see your place. I hope to be there around 11:30. Not sure exactly how long it will take me though and I"m always slow in the morning :-)

• oldherb
    12 years ago

I know I'm getting this on late but here is most of what I am bringing in plants. I will be there first thing and am staying the whole time. Barb...I'll have "Little Sister dwarf Siberian iris for you if I haven't already given you starts.

Hardy Geranium (not sure of species but smallish leaves and evergreen with pink flowers and short groundcover)
    Geranium phaeum (1)
    Japanese Forest Grass (variegated)
    Crandall black current (4)
    Blood sorrel (4 gallon and on smaller)
    Mini hosta (ground cover type only gets about 2" leaves on it)
    Borage seedlings
    Lovage seedlings
    Sweet Cicely (4)
    Mitcham's Black Peppermint (one of the best sweet peppermints)
    Sedum groundcovers (golden, blue/grey, pin type leaf types and rounder very cool green w/ blush of orange that trails nicely)
    Parsley (3 clumps of seedlings)
    Variegated Moor grass (2)
    Beauty Berry bush (2 yr old seedling)
    Bishop's Hat (2)
    Primrose - red with yellow eye (4)
    Hellebore seedlings (4) stinking hellebore

SEEDS
    Cilantro
    Lolla Rossa lettuce
    Burplureum
    Red Amaranth
    Malabar Spinach
    Edible Chrysanthemum
    Mixed marigold
    Coral Salvia
    Red Salvia
    Ampelopsis brevipedunculata 'Elegans'
    Pink Jerusalem Hollyhock
    Night Watchman Hollyhock
    White Dame's Rocket
    Pink Lavender
    White Lavender
    Hidcote Lavender
    Pink Snaps (unusual species)
    Magenta Lychnis coronaria
    Angle's Blush Lychnis coronaria
    White Lychnis coronaria
    Smokey Fennel
    Mizuna Mustard
    Sugar Snap peas
    Oregon Sugar pod II peas
    Blood sorrel
    Fringed pinks
    Lemon Catnip
    Purple rockcress
    Cimmaron Lettuce
    Wine County Mix greens
    Bok Choy
    Barese Swiss Chard
    Gardener's Delight Cherry Tomato
    Semi Dwarf Zinnia
    Astrantia major (white but may throw some pink to red flowers)
    Foxglove

See you all tomorrow! =-)

• bosaapje
    12 years ago

Oh my goodness Oldherb! I hope I have something of interest to you, because I see several of yours that interest me!

See you tomorrow!!

• bosaapje
    12 years ago

Oldherb, please let me know if I have anything that interests you. I would LOVE to have a Crandall Black Currant and maybe some Borage. It looks like you have some of the same plants that I'll be bringing, but I have hand made gardener's soap if that interests you. It's a little young and will become more mild if you wait awhile longer before using it, but as I posted elsewhere, I'm already using it and it seems fine for my hands.

I also have many, many, more seeds that I did not list but will be bringing. I have a few scorzonera seeds, Good King Henry, Aunt Molly's Ground Cherry, and a few other oddities you don't see too often.

I look forward to meeting you.

• barbe_wa
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Patty, I would love a "Little Sisters" iris and if you have extra black peppermint, I will take a start of that, too. See you tomorrow!
    Barb

• bosaapje
    12 years ago

oh! I completely forgot. I have two pots of walking onions (topsetting, egyptions, whatever they're called). I'll bring them tomrrow.

• oldherb
    12 years ago

BARB: the "Little Sister" and mint is yours and I have a surprise for you =-)

DIANA: I will save you out the items you wanted. I am interested in the larkspur, butter bean (to try) and some of that soap.

KRISTELL: The sweet cicely is great for shade (I only brought a few of what I have in seedlings) and the currant will grow in some shade also.

Who is bringing the PINK Blueberry again? I would like some if you want to swap. =-)

Can't wait to see what everyone brings and meet y'all!

~Patty~
    Oh and I forgot to put the variegated Yucca on my swap list too. =-P

• clc70
    12 years ago

Have been lurking all week trying to decide if I will come or not. I've loaded up the car and will be there. Connie.

Sponsored
Innovative & Creative General Contractors Servicing Franklin County