Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
patrick888_gw

HAVE: Pretrade List for Brinnon Apr.23

Patrick888
19 years ago

I've just emailed everyone on my pretrade plant list with a recap of what we're exchanging. If I've left anything off the lists I emailed...or left anyone out...please contact me so I can correct myself!

I'm looking forward to chatting with y'all in person.

Patrick

Comments (5)

• elaine8_gw
    19 years ago

Patrick,
    I've started planting your trade. So far the Allium has found a home. I'm wondering...do Deer like Allium?
    Elaine

• treepalm
    19 years ago

Elaine,
    Deer don't like allium, yeah!
    Teresa

• Patrick888
    Original Author
    19 years ago

Thanks, Teresa...I wouldn't have known for sure, altho I suspected deer would leave them alone due their close relationship to garlic & onions (allium family).

I have things separated according to sun, shade or in-between, but haven't planted very much yet. Was trying to get a load of aged horse manure to add to my new "sun" garden, but the info for the source was incorrect. Have also been tending to a number of seedlings...and, believe it or not, buying more plants! I hit 3 nurseries on the Kent East Hill yesterday. Amongst the "best" things I got was a lilac 'Michael Buckman', heuchera 'Velvet Night' & purple-leaf weigela (W. Florida purpurea nana). I rounded that out with a number of great petunias, a couple of small hebes, a fancy-leaf geranium & a few other annuals & perennials.

I think I'm getting up early in the morning! lol

Patrick

• elaine8_gw
    19 years ago

Your bad, Patrick. A true gardener who can never get enough plants. It's difficult to resist a Nursery. Although yesterday I went to Whitney's Gardens in Brinnon and toured the place. They had plenty of Rhodies blooming and tons of beautiful ornamental maples. Plus they have expended there Perennial area as well as the viewing path along the creek. I actually left empty handed due to "thinking about the plants I had waiting for me".

Thank you, Teresa, for the Deer info. Maybe I should be planting more Allium.
    Elaine

• Patrick888
    Original Author
    19 years ago

Elaine...I believe the allium foliage dies off during the summer after flowering. Anytime after that you can divide that clump of bulbs & replant individually or in small clumps. They make nice accents when they come up through lower plants & bloom, then they turn the show over to the plants around them. I think they're fun.

I admire your willpower..visiting a nursery and not buying anything! Hmmm, wonder if my nextdoor neighbor would lease me the back of their lot...lots of unplanted space there. hmmmm. lol

Patrick

Sponsored
Snider & Metcalf Interior Design, LTD
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars23 Reviews
Leading Interior Designers in Columbus, Ohio & Ponte Vedra, Florida