Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kellycomposter

HAVE: Big thanks to Jacqueline for hosting !

kellycomposter
16 years ago

Thank you very much for hosting the Newcastle swap! Had a great time and I wish it would quit raining so I can plant everything!

Comments (17)

• treepalm
    16 years ago

Thanks Jacqueline, It was a great swap, even with the snow forcast! The car is unloaded, one plant is in the ground, but it is snowing now.
    Teresa

• flowerfan2
    16 years ago

Thank-you so much Jacqueline for opening your home, garden and your wonderful heated garage to us all. You really saved the day. Everyone stayed warm and dry and we all had a great time. Your garden was lovely. I was so impressed with all your new additions. You really have a flair for design. Thanks for all the plants and pots. Hopefully the weather will improve tomorrow and I can start planting all my treasures. Thanks again. Karen

• nightnurse1968 (Suzy)
    16 years ago

I have to say you did an excellent job in organizing and making things comfortable for us. It was cozy and plenty of mingling opportunities as well. You and your husband were fabulous hosts. I love everything you've done in your garden. I spied a great all white pulmonaria I'd love to know the name of. I thought I would remember what it said on the tag but I've forgotten now! Thanks again and I am looking forward to seeing you and everyone else at the next one. We need another one soon to give all of those unable to come another chance at goodies.

• jburesh1388
    16 years ago

Went out and checked the tag, it is Pulmonaria 'northern lights'. I think I must have gotten it from Terra Nova

http://www.terranovanurseries.com/wholesale/modules.php?name=Content&pa=showpage&pid=237

I'm so very glad you all had a great time and the weather didn't keep you away. I really appreciate all the wonderful comments on my yard. It is great payoff for the hard work, that I enjoy anyway. And it encourages my DH to let me continue with any further projects I may think up! :)

I'll be happy to have another swap anytime. I won't wait years this time since a septic field only has to be done once every 30! :)

• jools42
    16 years ago

What a great party and fabulous toasty warm location. You went crazy with all the extras you arranged for us - nametags, place labels for our plants, etc. -- THANK YOU!

It is just killing me that I can't do anything with my new treasures... I even braved the hail for a few moments today but gave up quickly.

Thanks to everyone for the trades and for the freebies, too! Gardeners are a generous bunch - how fortunate I am to be a part of this amazing hobby.

• nightnurse1968 (Suzy)
    16 years ago

Thanks...Northern Lights..that was definitley it!! I hope we have a few hours of sun tomorrow to put our things in the ground. Great sunset right now..don't they say red skies at night sailors delight?? Maybe gardeners delight too!

• purplelotus
    16 years ago

Thank you Jacqueline for the wonderful meet. It was great fun and I am So impressed with your garden!

• jitterbug_gardener
    16 years ago

Thanks, Jacquie!! It was so fun to meet you; I wish we'd gotten there earlier enough to meet more people. Maybe next time . . .

• sabrinaq
    16 years ago

Thanks, Jacqueline for your great hosting job! I aspire to have a garden like yours some day. Many thanks also to all the generous gardeners that gave me so many wonderful plants! I really enjoyed meeting all of you. I'm very excited about my new acquisitions and can hardly wait to get them planted.

• Patrick888
    16 years ago

I'd like to add my thanks, as well. Sorry I couldn't stay longer, but when ya gotta work, ya gotta work!

• andreab
    16 years ago

Thank you to everyone for sharing all of the wonderful plants! Thanks again to Jacqueline for the great warm, dry & organized set up. Plus I love your new raised garden beds!

• kirklandgal
    16 years ago

That was a fabulous "first plant exchange". I'm anxious for the weather to warm a bit to get these new treasures in the ground.

• flora2
    16 years ago

Thanks for hosting. Sorry I could not stay longer but it was inspiring to see everyone so pump up about gardening--and so organized! Really impressive. Thanks again
    Flor de Maria

• opusverde
    16 years ago

I could not make it to the Newcastle swap and I am so sorry! I was wondering if there are any plans for another Swap anywhere in Seattle area? Also, what do you do with all the things you didn't give away? If you have any left . . . that is why I thought another swap might be a great idea. I live in the Ballard area and would love to see one close to home!

• jburesh1388
    16 years ago

Opus, I'm sure there will be another swap this summer. There were only a handful of plants left and I'll be planting them in my garden or bringing them to the next swap.

Hope to meet you there.

• hadleyweed
    15 years ago

Another thanks for hosting the plant trade, especially under such difficult conditions! How is it I end up taking home more plants than I brought?? Gardeners are amazing!
    Sara
    hadleyweed