Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
bosaapje

HAVE: For Kelso/Longview Swap

bosaapje
11 years ago

I listed Lucifer's crocosmia for trade but don't plan on digging it unless I have someone specific who wants it. Otherwise, I'll end up with a pot of crocosmia with no home! Let me know if there are any takers, and I'll dig. Remember, it's hard to control once established.

It's awfully quiet for the day before the swap. Everyone outside? LOL

Comments (6)

• barbe_wa
    11 years ago

I've been outside all day trying to get a few things done between raindrops. I don't need any Lucifer since I have a pretty good-sized clump of it. Mine isn't too hard to control - I just dig up corms around the edge every year and that seems to keep it within bounds. We love it because the hummingbirds do. They're so much fun to watch when they're fighting over dinner rights.

• bosaapje
    Original Author
    11 years ago

I've noticed the hummingbirds visit ours from time to time. I'm thinking of adding a feeder not too far from it. I love watching them!

During the swap, are we setting up tailgate party style out of the back of the car or in a garage or?? I'm trying to figure the best way to pack the car.

I look forward to meeting everyone tomorrow!

Diana

• barbe_wa
    11 years ago

There's not enough room to do it tailgate-style so we unload onto a grassy (make that weedy, but mowed!) area. I have wheelbarrows, a garden cart and a garden tractor with a trailer for people to use. I try to set up a "freebie" area and you're welcome to put anything there that you don't want to take home. All of mine except for what's promised to people is free for the taking. I don't think we have to worry about too much sun tomorrow, but there is some shade if you need it. We set up a canopy with a table for the pot luck, and I also have lawn tables and chairs for your convenience. Any special plants you only want to trade for something special, please keep to one side. Things get a little loose and mistakes can happen when you're wandering from person to person. I encourage people to take cuttings and volunteers from my yard and garden so I have potting soil, pots and tools. I hope you have a great time since I think we're about the nicest bunch of people you'll ever meet! By the way, if you need a phone number, let me know and I'll e-mail it to you. Wouldn't want you to get lost, you know.
    Barb

• barbe_wa
    11 years ago

I should have mentioned that bringing something for the pot luck is not a prerequisite. I always have more than enough for everybody and their cousins so just come and enjoy.
    Barb

• bosaapje
    Original Author
    11 years ago

It sounds fantastic! Gardeners really are a nice bunch of people. Years ago, I attended a couple swaps and met some very nice people. I'm also a knitter, and find they're a pretty good bunch too! Guess certain hobbies attract certain types of people.

DH helped me put the plants in the car. Maybe by morning they won't look so bedraggled from the rain! The hosta looks pretty good though! And I have a baby surprise for you.

See you tomorrow!

• bosaapje
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Barbe - I sent you an email for your phone number. Thanks.

Sponsored
Michael Nash Design, Build & Homes
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars254 Reviews
Northern Virginia Design Build Firm | 18x Best of Houzz