Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
albabela

WANTED: to thank Teresa

albabela
16 years ago

What an amazing day!!Whoohoo! Thank you Teresa for opening your garden for us. I had a fabulous time, ate way too much (Susan, I NEED that bok choy salad recepie) and came home with way too much stuff. (Some of is still at Teresa's, ahem.)

Lisa - I saw you coming in as I was leaving. :(

Thinking about the fall trade already,

-Shilpa

(PS my seedlings are mocking me, if I was to give you these, please email me and I will post them to you)

Comments (21)

• kudzu9
    16 years ago

Teresa-
    What a total blast! Great plants, great people, and great food. Thanks so much for arranging this.

• drtdgr
    16 years ago

Teresa, wow what a good time! Thanks so much. What kudzu said. Suzie, did you bring that fabulous salad with the almonds, I think cucumbers, and some crunchy stuff? I need that recipe. Susan

• sunshinecup
    16 years ago

Thanks so much everyone for the variety of plants and the gardening advice. I look forward to planting them and watching them grow. Teresa, I love your garden, it's beautiful! It was a fun day. Happy gardening.

• andreab
    16 years ago

Yes, Thank you Thank you Teresa!!! Also thanks to everyone for the great food & lovely plants. I'm in garden heaven.

I need that recipie for the salad with the cucumber and crunchy noodles too!! Also the cake recipie please(yum)!

• rookwood
    16 years ago

I think someone should start a separate thread where people who made dishes could post their recipes. I had so many tasty things today...

Thank you, Theresa!

• grrrnthumb
    16 years ago

Thank you so much Theresa! I had a great time, and your garden was so fun to be in. Thank you everyone for the great trades, and if any of you have everything planted on the first day... I hate you. J/k, I know some of you are real gardening heroes, not me for sure. ;^)
    - Tom

• Doris_J
    16 years ago

What do you mean, Tom? All of MY stuff was planted by dinner time. ;)

Thank you for hosting, Teresa! What a great day. Thanks to everyone for the wonderful plants and good company, and thanks again to Susan for the wonderful birthday cake. Mmmm, cakkkkkeeee. It was perfect.

• barbe_wa
    16 years ago

Don and I would like to add our thanks to all the others, Teresa. We didn't get home until 10 tonight so nothing got planted today, but it did all get watered at least. We're exhausted, overfilled with great food and very happy with all the wonderful plants. Thanks again!

• juudyshouse2012
    16 years ago

Yes, thank you Teresa for having all of us! Being my first trade, I especially had a wonderful time and enjoyed meeting all of you! Looking forward to the next one!!!

Judy

• sokkappa
    16 years ago

Thank you Teresa from me too! It must have been a lot of work. It was worth the trip from Sequim. The plants seem to have survived the trip in the open truck. Thanks to all for the wonderful plants. Hope to see the recipe for the bok choy salad on the web.

Balraj

• Doris_J
    16 years ago

Please tell your husband Thank You, too, Teresa. It's very gracious of both of you to open up your home to so many people, and I know your husband wasn't feeling very well, either, yesterday. Anyway, make sure he knows how much we all enjoyed spending the day at your place!

• Poochella
    16 years ago

Teresa and all, I add my thanks as well for a wonderful morning and opportunity to gorge on so many plant vistas and so much good food. What a wonderful NW morning for the swap!

Shilpa thank you for the pulmonaria and thank you Jools for the glad bulbs.

Sunshine cup! I was looking/asking all over for you- had a mix of perennials for your new yard, but no luck finding you. Perhaps another time.

Next swap: I'm going to pretend it's my birthday and beg Nightnurse to bring that exact white chocolate cake LOL!

• sunshinecup
    16 years ago

Poochella! I made it to the exchange in the afternoon and there was a box of plants for me there. Were they from you? There were some purple bulb flowers, Rudbekia Goldsturm, a purple and pinkish plant with cool leaves(almost like a succulent) and I think catnip in it. I look forward to looking them up in my book and learning about them. Thanks so much!

• treepalm
    16 years ago

Thanks everyone! I had a great time visiting with all of you and showing off my garden. I'm almost finished planting my new bed. Just need to get that last load of soil.
    Teresa

• bejoy_gw
    16 years ago

Hi Teresa...My daughter and I want to add our deeply felt thanks to you for opening your home and your wonderful garden for this great Plant Trade. We both came home happy, tired, overly full and with a SUV load of wonderful new plant friends! Thanks so much!

What a special group of people..and it was so much fun reconnecting with all of you.

It was a blast! Thanks again!

• nightnurse1968 (Suzy)
    16 years ago

Chiming in to add my late thanks. The day was fabulous and I went home with way too much. Some one hold me back next time! Thank you to all for the plants. I have all of the shady ones in the ground. Still have the sunny ones to place. I dug up as many plants as I planted to make room for the new ones. Just had to rearrange a bit!!! Teresa, special thanks to you. You are so gracious to have us all tramping about at your place. You have done so much work and it's really coming together.

I will start another post for the recipes in case people don't look back here. Annie..your so funny. Hey..share a few tubers with me next spring and we can pretend all you want hehehehehe. My overwintering sucked this year!!!! Tubers are MUSH!

• Poochella
    16 years ago

Sunshine, Those could be some of the plants I brought:
    Rudbeckia Goldsturm, The purple bulb plants are likely a scilla, the low succulent purply pink? or greeny red? would be sedum "Dragon's Blood" and the catnip if mine, is Nepeta Walker's Low. I'm glad you got some of them. Different things will be available next year if you wish.
    Here is a scilla link below

Suzy, I'll put you on dahlia tuber watch 2008. Sorry to hear about the mush.

Here is a link that might be useful:

• purplelotus
    16 years ago

Hi Teresa, I wish to thank you for hosting such a wonderful event and all the great gardeners who came and gave such nice plants and advice. I had a great time. thank you all.

• sweetflowers
    16 years ago

Hi Teresa,

Thanks for the arranging the trade and letting all great minds come together. I am always awed by the generosity of gardeners.
    Kellie gave me those beautiful peonies and made my day!

It was a pleasure meeting some new faces and some of you again.

Sangeeta

• jools42
    16 years ago

Yes, yes, Teresa - thank you so much for hosting, your garden and yard are wonderful. Thanks to everyone for all the goodies; I've never had so many new plants at once! :) (I put all in the ground already except for a few teeny seedlings I'm fearful will get eaten.)

Happy gardening, everyone!

• flora2
    16 years ago

I can't add anything that has not been said already. Thank you, thank you, thank you Teresa--and to the rest of you that loaded up my husband's trunk a huge thank you. I quietly unloaded and headed to the car wash. It was more than worth it, though!
    Thanks again

Sponsored
Vivancos Trim LLC
Average rating: 4.3 out of 5 stars7 Reviews
Loudoun County's Artfully Crafted General Contractor