Return to the Pacific Northwest Garden Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
WANTED: Will anybody be at Issaquah trade after 2 p.m.?

Posted by akebia 8 Western WA (My Page) on
Sun, Apr 8, 07 at 17:30

I'm leading a bicycle ride and will get to the Issaquah trade at about 2 p.m.

***Will anybody else still be there?***

I have a lot of stuff to trade and/or give away. Better than Ajuga, too, I promise. ;-)

In addition to my trade list, which please see, I've got:

-Good-size Skimmia japonica--perhaps the healthiest specimen in the PNW, no spider mites ;-)

-Potato, All Blue--seed potatoes

-Allium cernuum--nodding onion

-Black pussy willow (special trade)

-Red-twig dogwood

-Acanthus mollis (bear's breeches)

-Armeria maritima (sea thrift)

-Hebe 'Carl Teschner'

-Phormium tenax (NZ flax)--a really nice variety with a lot of pink in it but not too tender

-Fennel

-Clerodendron trichotomum whips (harlequin glorybower tree)
-Sequoia giganteum (about 6", not looking too happy, but it'll snap to once it's in the ground; I'm pretty sure it's giganteum but can key it out to be sure it's not coast redwood)

-Yucca recurvifolia

-Geranium x oxonianum 'Katherine Adele' (I'm pretty sure that's what this is--foliage looks like it, but it hasn't flowered yet)

OTHER STUFF

-Tons of vegetable and flower seeds, many for 2007; some obscure ones (Kew Gardens) are from previous years

-New, uncracked, virginal copy of ***The Northwest Gardeners' Resource Directory,*** by Stephanie Feeney, edited by Debra Prinzing (It was a gift, and I already have one.)

Here is a link that might be useful: Akebia's Trade List

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: WANTED: Will anybody be at Issaquah trade after 2 p.m.?

I am planning to bring back some seeds from Australia inc. Callistemon (these are ok to bring - not sneaking them out!). Would you be interested? I have grown C.citrinus before and it needed a little coddling - not too much.

Please check my list to see if I can offer you something else in exchange for the Hebe, Clerodendron and the Skimmia (M or F?).
And yes, I will abandon my family for a few more hours at Teresa's. :)

-Shilpa

o

I think it all depends on the weather. If it is a beautiful sunny day then there should still be a lot of people there at 2. If it is cold and rainy then I think people will leave early. You certainly have a lot of wonderful plants. If you decide to come I would love one of your hebe 'Carl Teschner'. I have some nice anemone nemorosa 'Vestal', false lily of the valley, small starts of our native trillium and other stuff on my trade list. I hope to see you there. Karen

o

Akebia, I wonder if you got the email I sent to you about the Phormium. I am interested in it. Please see my list in My Page.

Balraj

o

I'd love some blue potatoes, red twig dogwood, skimma japonica, acanthus mollis, and a sea thrift. I'll definitely have chamomile seedlings, dahlia and probably rare and unusual calla lily types by then. Possibly a few of 80 ferns, hosta, and moss as well.

Where do you live? If near me I would be up for helping you in your yard in exchange for plants as well.

Let me know!

Thanks,

jacqueline

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from Washington, Oregon, Idaho, Alaska and British Columbia are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Pacific Northwest Garden Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here