Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
rosalynde_gw

Seattle Swap May 21st

Rosalynde
19 years ago

It's time once again for the Seattle Spring Plant Exchange!

Central Area Spring Community Plant Exchange

Open to everyone, with or without plants to share.

Saturday May 21st, 11am-3pm Rain or Shine.

Casey Family Program Parking Lot, 1123 23rd Ave, south of Union Street.

Bring your plants, bulbs, seeds etc. in bags or pots.

Please label with name, type of plant, and growing conditions (sun, shade). Houseplants also welcome.

New gardeners are welcome to come get free plants, and free advice on how to make them flourish!

Master Gardeners and Master composters will be on hand to answer questions.

Sponsored by the Central Neighborhood Association and Garden Central, a neighborhood garden club.

This is an open swap, but prearranged trades on gardenweb are also welcome. All plants up for grabs go around the canopy. Keep pre-arranged trades at your car.

Lynda

Comments (5)

• heatherisnotaweed
    19 years ago

Really looking forward to this swap! See you there!

Heather

• rachel98445
    18 years ago

First time to hear about this.....can someone tell me how to get there? what time? I missed the elephant swap at Redmond. rachel98445

• Kierstin
    18 years ago

I hate to sound too stupid here, please ecuse me for asking;

What is exchange & how does it work? From what I can gather, from other threads, people exchange plants????? How exactly does it work?

I am a NEW gardener. I bought 5 acres in Snohomish and have a fair amount of ferns, tree babies (dogwood & another, which I do not know) & flowers.
    {{gwi:680399}}{{gwi:680401}}
    I am going to say though, without any real expertise, I don't think I have anything rare or unusual (will this rule me out of participation?)

I am really intested in picking the brains of some 'real' gardeners, I need guidance & direction for my grounds, but I just feel so overwhelmed. I think that the property was like a park at one time (a long time ago) and I think it could be brought back to glory - I just am not sure where to start.

• Poochella
    18 years ago

Kiersten, Lucky you! You have an entire 5 acres to play with and develop. Don't be so overwhelmed, although it would be tempting. Identify your top priorities and work on them one project at a time. A real yard or garden is never done, but constantly changing.

About the swaps- just GO. Lots of people have extras they are just as eager to share as you will be to receive. Things spread or multiply, or take up too much space and swaps are one way to give the plants a new home.
    As you add to your upcoming gardens, you too can share later on with another newcomer.

• Rosalynde
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Kiersten, The Seattle swap is an "open swap". You bring whatever you have, and take whatever you like. It is not necessary to bring plants in order to receive- you can always bring food instead. But you never know what someone else may want. Native plants like the ones on your property are in demand, since they are often absent from city lots. "One for one" trades can also be arranged in advance, but the bulk of this swap is open sharing.

Most of the swaps you read about on this board involve "one for one" swaps which are prearranged, but people usually bring extras for newbies.

The Seattle swap will have a master gardener and master composter on hand to answer questions, plus the knowledge of all those gardeners.
    Lynda