Return to the Pacific Northwest Garden Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Newbie - Question about trades

Posted by judysgardens z7-8PNW (My Page) on
Thu, Apr 5, 07 at 19:17

I'm planning on attending the Issaquah Trade on April 28 and it will be my first time. I don't think I will have too much to trade because my garden is only a couple years old.

First, how do you all transport your many, many plants to the trade? Do you actually have pots and containers to bring them in? What are some suggestions regarding tranporting plants to the trade if you don't have a bunch of containers around?

Also, do you primarily bring the items that you have pre-arranged for trade and not the other items on your list? Or, do you bring it all and see what other people bring and then just trade plants on the day of the trade?

I know a few of you have already emailed me and let me know that there will be freebies available, and I am grateful for that! :) But, I do have a few thing that I can bring and just want to be knowledgeable of the way things are done. :):)

Thanks,
Judy

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Newbie - Question about trades

Hi Judy,
I have lots of leftover pots I use, but you can also use liquor store boxes & plastic grocery sacks for medium sized plants. The boxes stand up a little better & spill less when they're being transported home. For small plants & starts I also get plastic cups in bulk at the restraunt supply places. They have up to a 32 oz size that is giant for a cup and real cheap.
I believe at Teresa's trade most folks will be doing a little more pre-arranged trades than at Green Elephant, but I know I'll try to bring lots of extra's to trade or give away also. Nobody brings everything on your list, but dig as much as you can. I find the more stuff I give away the more it seems to come back to me (with dividends!) in the long run. :^)
- Tom

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from Washington, Oregon, Idaho, Alaska and British Columbia are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Pacific Northwest Garden Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here