Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
flora2_gw

WANTED: Anyone interested in a Seattle-Eastside exchange day?

flora2
19 years ago

I have not visited the forums forever but I had a few minutes and now I am all worked up. Anyone interested in having our usual Seattle-Eastside (Bellevue, etc.) next month or so? Please let me know. I would love to see all you guys. Thanks

Comments (19)

• albabela
    19 years ago

Sure! Sounds good to me.
    -Shilpa

• Poochella
    19 years ago

Is it similar to the March Swap in Redmond? Bring anything we want to swap, pre-arrange trades? I might be interested if it's not Memorial Weekend.
    Let us know a date and the basic rules.
    Poochella

• jburesh1388
    18 years ago

I would be interested! I've never been to a swap before, but would really like to.

Jacqueline

• Patrick888
    18 years ago

Hi flora2,

Remember me from the Bellevue (Overlake) Blueberry Farm trade last spring? A chilly, wet day but under the shelter with something hot to drink...we all enjoyed our small get-together.

Please save May 21 if you can, to attend the LeeAnna Darby Memorial Plant Sale in North Seattle. More info will be coming out soon, but LeeAnna was a much-loved GardenWeb member who passed away very unexpectedly, leaving behind her family, including an infant daughter, Madeline Rose. A trust fund has been set up and the proceeds of the plant sale will go to that account at Washington Mutual Bank.

The benefit plant sale has been organized by several of us GardenWebbers and we'd welcome plant donations for the sale and of course want to spread the word to get people to come and shop!

Anyway, as I said, more about that will be offered later. Both the benefit plant sale and a Seattle plant swap are already set for May 21, so I hope you can pick a different day for yours.

Happy Gardening!

Patrick

• flora2
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Sure Patrick: I do not think I ever met LeeAnna but Judith was very kind and sent me the info on her passing away. It sounds like a lot of people were very fond of her. We will choose a different date. I am waiting a little to see how many people show interest and then set on a date. Hope to see you there.
    Flor de Maria

• treepalm
    18 years ago

Hello Flor De Maria! I will come if I can.
    Teresa

• heatherisnotaweed
    18 years ago

I will come, too.

Patrick, what are the times for the sale and the swap? I would like to go to both if I can. Also, how did your tree removal go?

Heather

• Patrick888
    18 years ago

Hi Heather...you have mail!

"Official" word on the benefit plant sale will be forthcoming soon, but the date is May 21 and it looks like the hours will be 10AM to 1PM.

Keep an eye peeled here for word from Flora on the Eastside trade.

Patrick

• chrisrobt
    18 years ago

I could certainly come to an eastside swap-it's time to distribute the dahlias!!!

Christine

• veeja11
    18 years ago

If there is dahlia distributing, I will be there

• treepalm
    18 years ago

Looks like there is alot of interest. I could make May 14th or anytime after May 21st.
    Teresa

• albabela
    18 years ago

I would second May 14th. Sunday 22nd works too.

Any venue ideas? Marymoore park?
    -Shilpa

• treepalm
    18 years ago

We usually have this trade at the blueberry farm in Bellevue. Anyone remember the name?
    Teresa

• chrisrobt
    18 years ago

I'm not available either May 7 or 14th, but the weekends after that are okay.

Christine

• flora2
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Yes, the blueberry farm has always worked for us. It is free, it has a covered area (in case we get a day like today)and it is easily accesible. I will get you directions later. I am getting really excited now. Thanks,Flor de Maria

• plantknitter
    18 years ago

Is this trade set for a certain day yet?

• cabass
    18 years ago

I would be interested. I have never been to an exchange. Any suggestions on what I should bring??? I have lots of lily of the valley right now.

• flora2
    Original Author
    18 years ago

OK. Let's set the date. How about Sat, June 4 at about 11.00am? What do you think? This will give us a couple of weeks (or so) to gather plants and get organized. Please let me know if this date works for you. At the blueberry farm, of course. If we set on this date I will set directions soon. Thanks. Looking forward to this.

• jburesh1388
    18 years ago

What happened with this trade day? I would love to go. June 4 works for me.

Thanks for organizing this, can I do anything to help?

Sponsored
RTS Home Solutions
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars3 Reviews
BIA of Central Ohio Award Winning Contractor