blueangel
17 years ago

Are there any up comming swaps in the

portland area

Comments (4)

• pdxjules
    17 years ago

Your prayers have been answered.

This annual neighborhood swap was Posted today on my little alert list. I went last year, and it was a good one. I really like the Hosts, Kat & Mike. Hope to see you there! Please see my list for anything you may want me to bring, or you can email your preferences, and also stop by most afternoons to pick up stuff when you are in NE Portland. Will update the list soon.

Julie

Subject: 2nd Annual Brooklyn Plant Swap - April 23rd

Hi everyone.
    If you haven't heard, it's time for the 2nd Annual Brooklyn Plant Swap.
    Sunday, April 23rd, 10am - 2pm
    3522 SE 8th Ave., between Rhone & Rhine
    Last year we had a terrific turn out. I think everyone was happy to get rid of unwanted plants and thrilled to take home some new & fresh ones.
    Soooo, bring your divided and spreading, your too bigs, too pinks, or extra veggie starts. Please mark your plants clearly. Don't have plants to share? Bring pots, tools, seeds, books or a bag of potting soil.
    Master Gardener Helen Hiczun will be on hand to answer all your gardening questions. Also, we'll have hand outs on propagation, dividing and water conservation.
    Please feel free to call if you have questions. Spread the word, the more who participate, the more selection for everyone. Thanks & hope to see you there!
    Kathleen Sawchuk 971-212-5702

• oldherb
    17 years ago

I'm going to try and make it...more for the social aspects this year...will have hellebore seedlings (H. x intermedia and H. corsicus), variegated Iris foetidus...will post more on my trade list later as I get them potted. E-mail me if you want any of these here. I'm not going to bring a vanfull of stuff as I've been known to do...but will pull together what I'm able.

• dahlia_guy
    17 years ago

I'm going to try to make it, not sure exactly what I'll have but here's a few things I can think of:

Feijoa s. (Pineapple Guava)
    Hebe's
    Gunnera manicata
    Canna 'Pretoria'

Travis

• green4life
    17 years ago

I will be there, hopefully along with my mom. I went to it last year and had a great time, and got the most amazing bamboo. :) I don't know what exactly I will have but probably ajuga, euphorbia starts, a bronze fennel or two, maybe some dwarf bamboo and whatever my mom brings!

Sponsored
Michael Nash Design, Build & Homes
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars254 Reviews
Northern Virginia Design Build Firm | 18x Best of Houzz