Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
oldherb

wanted: pdx swap

oldherb
19 years ago

I have been out of the loop for a while and was looking to see if anyone else was hosting a swap in the area besides me. I noticed others looking for signs of a swap too and my name came up. For the record I decided last fall I would take of this spring off and not host the swap so I could just go to someone elses and enjoy myself and actually get to visit with folks for change. Last fall Travis said he was interested in hosting the swap at his place out in Scappoose. Trraavviss...are you out there?

Comment (1)

• pdxjules
    19 years ago

I am willing to do a modest end-of season leftovers Swap in June in my shady driveway in Northeast Portland...with a Keg - and hopefully Kin and Ming will visit from Salem and Corvallis. And where is that Harley-lady anyway?

MAY 1 SWAP! For sooner action, in a larger space - however, I dropped in today to confirm final details with Pistils Nursery for May 1, 2005 in Portland. We have access to a large lot, with shade, that opens in back to an alley for unloading - and with a sidewalk in front for walk-ins.
    Tri-Met # 4, & 40 bus stop here. Perfect!

PLEASE reply if coming - so we can see your Exchange list - and pre-arrange Swaps. See mine now and ASK - so I know what to bring, with your name on it. Ok to post what you are looking for too. Hope to see a LOT of you there!

Here are the details - for the May 1 Plant Swap:

Neighbors and Friends of Pistils Plant Swap
    Date: May 1st, 2005 1 - 6pm
    Hosted by PISTILS NURSERY, at the
    lot next to: 3811 N. Mississippi Ave, Portland, OR

SWAP TIPS: Please try to label each plant, and a sign with provide info on care, if you can.

Set out stuff for others, then help yourself. I plan to do this - then go to Amnesia Brewing for a beer, and return later to help clean up. JOIN ME! (pdxJules)

ALREADY TAKEN signs can protect a stash while browsing.

Yes - there is ample space for a table - or for trailer/wheelbarrow for your plant giveaway.

Do NOT take any table/cart/display/or someone's pre-selected stash. (a Private Stash looks like an odd group of plant pots tucked sort-of behind/under someone's table, or perhaps with some other belongings in the shade, sometimes a little apart from other Swap items)

See attendee Swap Lists, request what you want brought - or ask for a garden visit. Swap veterans - please offer courtesy tips, plant info, and usual permissions to Newbies, who may be shy about participating.

I took plants there to give away - using a roller cart on the bus last month, and it worked fine - so git out thar!

Try to park in the shade if you drive to protect plants while you browse the 'hood. PLEASE try to carpool, as parking can be rather tight in that area.
    Hours:
    1-6 PM. For Info call Pistils: 503-288-4889.

Admission:
    Free, with Festive Atmosphere provided by Pistils!

For Further Information Contact:
    Pistils staff 503.288.4889

Pistils Nursery
    3811 N. Mississippi Ave
    Portland, Oregon
    from pdxJules: I plan to bring rootable cuttings of my Daphne Odorata. If you are not confident about rooting these, all will be given to Pistils staff to root and sell. (I saw healthy ones there for just $12 last month..and I bought a beautiful Sambucis Nigra for the same price)

See you MAY 1!

Here is a link that might be useful: Pistils web site - watch for Garden Workshops