Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
barbe_wa

HAVE: Olympia swap

barbe_wa
12 years ago

I finally have a list of what I have to trade or give away at the Olympia swap. I don't have a lot of most things, and some of them are just barely peeking out of the pots.

Clematis tangutica "Radar Love"

Maltese Cross

Lavender

Achillea, mauve

Lady's Mantle

Asclepias (Showy Milkweed), not up yet, but the roots look good

Astrantia major (Masterwort)

Dianthus

Echinacea purpurea

Eryngium alpinum (Blue Sea Holly)

Hesperis matronalis (Evening Dame's Rocket)

Siberian iris

Liatris spicata

Lupine

Rose Campion

Purple Sage

Sedum

Scabiosa, blue

Painted Daisy, Robinson's mix

Hieracium maculatum "Leopard), this one may be taboo in your area - check your weed list. It does spread readily by seed.

Celandine Poppy

Potentilla Melton Fire

Pennyroyal (just one)

Lemon thyme

Lemon balm (one)

Sweet cicely

Upright cotoneaster (one)

Iris, several but not sure of the variety or color

Catnip

Santolina (two)

If any of these get you all aflutter, let me know. They really need new homes.

Comments (14)

• treepalm
    12 years ago

Oh Barb,
    Can I have the Asclepias (Showy Milkweed)? I really love that plant! Anything special that you are looking for?
    Teresa

• barbe_wa
    Original Author
    12 years ago

I'll mark an asclepias for you, Teresa. I don't have any special wants right now, but I'm sure I'll see something I can't live without in whatever you bring. In spite of very good resolutions, I've never yet gone home empty handed.

• bejoy_gw
    12 years ago

Barb..If you have two of the Asclepias (Showy Milkweed), I would love one too. If not..not to worry.

By the way..wondering if Don has Maianthemum dilatatum (our native False Lily of the Valey). If not I could bring a pot of it.

By the way..great list.

• barbe_wa
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Hi Marie,
    I have an asclepias for you and yes, we would like the false lily of the valley. I don't think he has it.

• dawiff
    12 years ago

Barbe, I would love an Astrantia. You gave me one last year, but so far there is no sign of it where I planted it. Are they late risers?

I would love some Echinacea purpurea, too, if that's ok.

• barbe_wa
    Original Author
    12 years ago

dawiff, I'll bring you an astrantia and an echinacea. My astrantia is barely showing, so far only one leaf is up in the pots, and the echinacea isn't much further along. It has been a bad winter and spring up here!

• bejoy_gw
    12 years ago

Barb....Not sure if you are into lilies..but if so I have a Tiger Lily I could bring you.

• bejoy2
    12 years ago

May I have a celandine poppy?

• barbe_wa
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Yes to the tiger lily, Marie, and yes to the poppy, Tammy. I just divided my crazy daisies today if anybody would like a clump.

• bejoy_gw
    12 years ago

Hi Barb..I would like a clump of your crazy daisies...and I have your name on the Tiger Lily.
    Marie

• bejoy2
    12 years ago

Barb, I have 3 hosta babies set aside for Don, plus 1 autumn fern, 1 cinnamon fern, and 1 maidenhair fern. Perhaps by the fall trade, I'll have more ferns to share with people, but you are getting my first ones up this spring. It's been so cold, they're all still hunkered down.

Would you like an amaryllis? It's blooming bright and beautiful on my kitchen windowsill, and I thought it might be a spot of color that you could enjoy without working in the garden. It's red, and has 1 bloom, plus 3 waiting.

• barbe_wa
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Tammy, the hostas and ferns sound great, and I would love the amaryllis if you can bear to part with it - sounds beautiful!
    Marie, I'll bring you a clump of the daisies.
    I still don't know what I'll bring for goodies, probably just a veggie platter or summer sausage, cheese and crackers. I'm not too inventive this year.

• barbe_wa
    Original Author
    12 years ago

My friend, Susan, is bringing bunches of dahlia and iris tubers, as well as a snowball start and red raspberries. Sharon had to bow out, but promises she will be at my swap in May. See ya'll tomorrow!

• oliveoyl3
    12 years ago

Barb,
    Some of the things you gave us last fall aren't showing much growth yet, so I'm worried the cold wetness got to them in the pots. I hope I don't sound greedy to want all these things. The starred ones are my top picks.I'd plant anything you'd bring us for either here or camp.

James loves the Echinacea and Liatris, which are just showing the died back stem from last year with some purplish coloring. He's yet to see the plant in growth here.

*Clematis tangutica "Radar Love" - 3-4 if you have
    Maltese Cross - assuming this is red, right?
    *Lavender
    *Achillea, mauve
    Lady's Mantle
    *Asclepias (Showy Milkweed), not up yet, but the roots look good
    *Astrantia major (Masterwort)
    Dianthus
    *Echinacea purpurea - as many as you want to give James
    Eryngium alpinum (Blue Sea Holly)
    Hesperis matronalis (Evening Dame's Rocket)
    *Siberian iris
    *Liatris spicata - 3?
    *Lupine
    Rose Campion
    *Purple Sage
    *Sedum
    *Scabiosa, blue 2?
    *Painted Daisy, Robinson's mix 3?
    *Hieracium maculatum "Leopard)
    *Celandine Poppy 3 if you have
    *Potentilla Melton Fire
    Pennyroyal (just one)
    *Lemon thyme
    *Sweet cicely
    Upright cotoneaster (one)

Sponsored
Town & Country Pools, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars11 Reviews
Discover the Best Pool Builder in Virginia, Maryland & DC!