Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
nightnurse1968

WANTED: Warm potato dish recipe from the trade

There was a wonderful warm potato dish at the trade today. Maybe with a hint of curry and a little sweet?? Not sure who brought it but I would love the recipe. Thanks!! Other great stuff too...that pepperoni lasagna stuff was awesome.

Comments (5)

• jburesh1388
    15 years ago

I'd say the same about the tomato, goat cheese? bruschetta. Wasn't that yours Susan? What were all those toppings?

• jools42
    15 years ago

I'd like the jicama salad recipe... andrea's, I believe.

• nightnurse1968 (Suzy)
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Hiya..Yes the bruschetta stuff was me. I've been buying this packaged foccacia bread from Super Wal-Mart lately (from the deli area)but I am sure any bread would do. Anyways..I split the bread and cut in squares. Brush with olive oil and put in oven for a few minutes at between 400-425 depending on your oven. Watch for it to start getting brown. Take out and let them cool on the counter. I think they could be stored at this point for use later. Spread each with whipped cream cheese..goat cheese would be good too. Then I put a small amount of an olive spread that I bought last time I was in Louisiana, but I am sure you can find something like it elsewhere. It's sinfully good. Boscoli Family Italian Olive Salad. It's what they put on Muffaleta sandwiches (if you've heard of those). I've made these before with pesto instead and they are just as good. Then I just quartered some grape tomatoes and sprinkled a few on top of each piece and a quick dash of garlic salt over all. Easy Peasy.

Here is a link that might be useful: Boscoli Family Italian Olive Salad

• andreab
    15 years ago

Julie - Here's the Jicama salad recipie, it's from Rachael Ray's 30-minute Get Real Meals:

Juice of 2 limes
    1T Dijon mustard
    4T extra-virgin olive oil (EVOO)
    1 jicama (1 lb)
    1 ripe Hass avocado
    1 small red onion, thinly sliced
    1 English seedless cucumber cut into 1/4 inch thick disks
    1 can (15 oz) black beans, drained and thoroughly rinsed
    a handful of fresh cilantro, chopped
    a handful of fresh flat-leaf parsley, chopped

In a small bowl combine the lime jice, mustard, salt, and pepper. Whisk in about 4T EVOO. With a paring knife, peel the light brown skin from the jicama. Slice it into 1/4 inch thick disks, stack the disks up, then cut into 1/4 inch wide strips and reserve. Cut all around the circumference of the ripe avocado, lengthwise and down to the pit. Twist and separate the halved fruit. Remove the pit w/a spoon, then scoop the flesh out in one piece from both halves. Chop the avocado into bite size pieces. In a salad bowl combine the jicama, avocado, red onion, cucumber, black beans, cilantro, and parsley. Pour the dressing over the salad and toss to combine.

• jools42
    15 years ago

YUM! thanks, andrea! :)

Sponsored
Preferred General Contracting, Inc.
Average rating: 4.7 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Fairfax County's Specialized, Comprehensive Renovations Firm