Return to the Pacific Northwest Garden Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
HAVE: Trees

Posted by doris_j Z8 WA (My Page) on
Fri, Apr 7, 06 at 22:13

A couple of trees that I found from last year. I just don't have room for them. I'd be glad to bring them to the Shoreline or Bonney Lake trade, if someone can persuade me with a trade. I have one Magnolia seiboldii in a 2 gallon pot, and one Styrax obassia in a 2 or 5 gallon pot (can't remember which). I could go for a small rock garden type shrub or something else equally tempting. Any offers?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: HAVE: Trees

Doris, If the seboldii is the one that looks like a pussy willow in early spring, I would love it.
sps

o

Here's a pic of the flower:

http://www.magnoliasociety.org/classification_matted_images/m_sieboldii.html

I think it's a different Magnolia than the one you're thinking of. However, I also think this one would be lovely on your property!

o

Hi,

I've been out of town the past week, and just saw your message. I'd be interested in both of these. I think we had a trade arranged for one of the swaps last year, but at the last minute you couldn't make it. I don't know if I'll get to either of the two swaps you mentioned, but I'll try. I think I've got quite a few plants that would interest you, but let me know if you have specific trades in mind for these.

Ruth

o
RE: HAVE: Tree; still?(M.seiboldii)

Hi Doris,
I sent you an e-mailabout the seiboldii if it is still available. craig.

o

Trees are all gone, folks.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from Washington, Oregon, Idaho, Alaska and British Columbia are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Pacific Northwest Garden Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here