o
wanted: have: for issaquah trade

Posted by rookwood 8 (My Page) on
Tue, Apr 24, 07 at 22:30

SELF-SOWED OR SPREAD AND NOW I HAVE EXTRA:
Alchemilla mollis (Lady’s Mantle)

Allium schoenoprasum (Chives)

Anemone x hybrida ‘Kriemhilde’

Campanula persicifolia (Bellflower, the blue kind)

Campanula portenschlagiana (Dalmation Bellflower, blue)

Digitalis (Foxglove, wild)

Fragaria vesca ‘Pineapple Crush’ or ‘Alexander’ (alpine strawberry, white or red)
Note: I don’t know which are the white (Pineapple Crush) and which are the red (Alexander) ones (not until they make berries later this year). Both are great. Probably my favorite plant in the entire yard – the berries are delicious, they grow anywhere, birds and other animals love them, they transplant easily and self-sow very readily.

Helictotrichon sempervirens (Blue Oat Grass)

Knautia Macedonia

Polemonium carneum ‘Apricot Delight’

Rubus cockburnianus ‘Aureus’
I love this plant – the stems are a lavenderish-white, and the leaves a lemon-lime color. I only have 1 or 2 new starts of this, though.

-------------
DEER VICTIMS:
Geum chiloense ‘Lady Stratheden’
I love these, but every year the deer bite the tops off right before they bloom. They need to be somewhere other than my yard.

Rubus (raspberry – unsure which variety)

------------------------------------
PLANTS I DIDN'T PICK AND DON'T WANT:
Asphodeline lutea (King’s Spear)

Sedum ‘Autumn Joy’

Unidentified bronze ornamental grass
Note: I wasn’t told what this was when it was given to me, but it just isn’t my thing. The blades are quite fine in texture, and height and width are about 2’

--------------------
PLANTS THAT HATE ME:
Elaeagnus pungens ‘Fruitlandii’ (Fruitland Silverberry)
Quantity: 2 shrubs approx. 4’high x 3’wide
They have never been happy in my yard and have not really grown much since I got them 4 years ago. When they do put on new growth, the leaves eventually fall-off the new parts so that the plant is back to its original size. Maybe someone else will have better luck with them.

Miscanthus sinensis ‘Gracillimus’ (Maiden Grass)
Quantity: Two mature plants (approx. 5 years old)
These have never "bloomed" for me. I’m sure someone else will have better luck.

What I’d like in exchange:
Woolly thyme
Corsican mint
Creeping phlox
Aubrieta
Iberis (candytuft)
Bellium minutum
Ilex aquifolium

I’m also interested in anything fragrant.

I don’t know if this is done or not (this is my first exchange), but I’d also take rocks in exchange -- anything cantaloupe sized or bigger. I’m thinking in terms of the river rocks that you’d dig-up on your property, as opposed to that black basalt stuff that is purchased for commercial retaining walls and such.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: wanted: have: for issaquah trade

Oops -- the red fragaria vesca is "Alexandria" not "Alexander" -- sorry about that.

o

Hi there,
I would be interested in the following:
Anemone x hybrida ‘Kriemhilde’
Polemonium carneum ‘Apricot Delight’

I can bring you woolly thyme and some corsican mint. I also have a list posted with many things still available. Let me know!
Thanks,
Susan

o

I could not help but laugh at your description of Elaeagnus. I could love to have these - please check my list to see what I can offer in return.
I will have a start of honeysuckle vine - very fragrant and I will gladly bring for you - if you already don't own one.
-Shilpa

o

Susan, I have some polemoniums and anemones set-aside for you. I looked at your list of what you still have remaining and would like some sweet woodruff in addition to the thyme and corsican mint.

Shilpa, the Elaeagnus (Elaeagni?) are all yours. I'd be happy to have the honeysuckle in exchange. Thanks!

o

I would like to have some Knautia. Please see My Page for what I have. Thanks.

Balraj

o

Hi,

I would be interested in Campanula persicifolia,Polemonium carneum ‘Apricot Delight’ and Geum chiloense ‘Lady Stratheden’ that you ahve. I can bring Candytuft and creeping phlox( pink flowers) from your list.
Let me know.

Sangeeta

o

I would be interested in some Miscanthus sinensis ‘Gracillimus’, Helictotrichon sempervirens (Blue Oat Grass)and Knautia Macedonia is you still have some.

I can give you some wooly thyme and a large mound of corsican mint.

Thanks,
Judy

o

Hi Rookwood,
I'm interested in your Rubus cockburnianus 'Aureus', alpine strawberries, Polemonium 'Apricot Delight', Geum and Asphodeline.
I have a Syringa meyeri 'Palibin'/korean lilac I can bring you (very fragrant, gets about 4'x4'), Primula auriculas, possibly a fragrant Clematis serratifolia, and some Galtonia viridiflora seedlings...
Let me know if you'd like to trade!

~Lisa

o

Balraj, I have knautia set-aside for you and would love to have a bit of aster in exchange.

Sangeeta, I have the campanula persicifolia, polemonium and geums set for you. Would be thrilled with the phlox and candytuft.

Judy -- I'm thrilled you are going to give the miscanthus a try. They need to be happy! Also have the blue oat grass and knautia for you. Mint and woolly thyme greatly appreciated in exchange.

o

Hi Rookwood,
I am pretty much starting now, will love to get your plants that you have listed, if there are extra that remain after your trades. I might have some ranunculus bulbs that I ordered, if they come by 28th, not sure.
thanks

o

Hi again,
I just found a big (2 gallon) pot of fragrant Paradisea lusitanica I could part with, and a Codonopsis tangshen (not sure if you'd call this one 'fragrant' though---more like 'musky'). A scrambling vine with yellow bell flowers.
See you Saturday!

~Lisa

o

sedum gal: I have all of the requested items set aside for you. The rubus cockburnianus looks like it is resenting the transplanting, so I'm going to try potting-up a second one and keeping more roots on it. Hopefully I will be able to get you a viable start. I'd love to have the lilac, Paradisea lusitanica and primula auricula in exchange.

Purplelotus: I will have extras of pretty much everything except the miscanthus, elaeagnus and asphodeline, so I should have plenty to share with you. No exchanges needed.

o

Is there a chance you might have a start of of the Rubus Aureus left? If so, please let me know.
with thanks,
-Shilpa

o

rookwood, I have one or two creeping phlox in lavender that I'll give you for nothing in return. I need the space. They've just never performed here as they should, but are very viable and perhaps beginning to bud/bloom right now. Want it/them?

o

Rookwood I have you down for Sweet woodruff, wooly thyme and corsican mint. Thanks for the trade. See you on Saturday,
Susan

o

Shilpa, I will try to bring you a start of the rubus 'Aurea' as well, if I can get them to transplant happily.

poochella: thank you for the phlox, I would love to have them.

See you all on Saturday.

o

Thank you for the Knautia. I notice I have a few plants without tags that I cannot place for sure. Can you tell me what kind of pots the Knautias were in? Thanks.

Balraj

o

Balraj: I don't remember which pots they were in, but you will know them because they have a basal rosette of leaves that are slightly greyish-green, and which come in two different shapes: some are simply lance-shaped and others have notched edges.

I looked around online to see if I could find a picture of knautia foliage, but could really only find good photos of the flowers.

Let me know if it still isn't clear which plants are the knautia -- I may have a picture of my own that I could scan-in.

o

rookwood, my apologies: your phlox failed to make my 'reminder list post' of things to bring for people. I do still have a little clump of them and a real straggler of a plant in the garden. Email me and perhaps we can wrangle a drop off or pick up. So sorry to have missed this. I gave a clump of them away just this a.m.! arghhh...

o

No worries -- I got a clump of phlox and a bunch of other groundcovers at the trade, so I'm sitting pretty. Thanks for offering, though.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from Washington, Oregon, Idaho, Alaska and British Columbia are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Pacific Northwest Garden Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here