Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sedum_gal

HAVE: Blue Bean Trees for Brinnon

sedum_gal
19 years ago

Hi! I have a bumper crop of Decaisnea fargesii/blue been trees, for the Brinnon swap.

These are unusual deciduous small trees, with very cool 5" metallic blue 'bean pods' which are edible (if you're adventurous----I'm not. My friend Rachel said they taste like Lychee fruit, only slimier)...

At any rate, the trees are attractive on their own, but the blue 'bean pods' really steal the show.

You need two for cross-pollination.

Who's interested in a trade?

~Lisa

Comments (11)

• treepalm
    19 years ago

I would love a couple for my daughters tropical-look island. What are you looking for? Thanks for the sedum start, too!
    Teresa

• Patrick888
    19 years ago

I'd really like a couple as well! See anything on my trade lists that interests you?

If you have extras after trading, would you consider donating some for us to sell at the LeeAnna Darby benefit plant sale in May? It'd be nice to have unusual plant material to spice up the sale.

Thanks,

Patrick

• sedum_gal
    Original Author
    19 years ago

Hi Teresa,
    I'm always looking for tomato starts---is it too early for those? Also, zucchini starts, garlic varieties, cannas, woodland wildflowers, epimediums, the list goes on and on.
    What have ya got?
    And Patrick, I'll put your name on a couple as well...I'll probably send a half dozen seedlings along to the LeeAnna Darby event. I've got blue beans coming out of my ears! (not literally...that would be wierd)
    See you in Brinnon---

• treepalm
    19 years ago

Hi Lisa,
    I do have several tomatoes started-Sun Gold, Juliet, Yellow Pear, Glacier, Legend, Oregon Spring, and Quick Pick. Let me know what you would like. They are small, but growing fast! I hadn't planned on starting so many, but I decided that the extra would go to LeeAnna's event. I potted up some Schizanthus pinnatus (Butterfly flower 'royal pierrot'-annual), Orlaya grandiflora (white lace flower-annual), and catananche caerulea (cupid's dart-perennial)today. I could also let you know what else I pot up, if nothing is really appealling.
    Teresa

• sedum_gal
    Original Author
    19 years ago

Oooooh yeah, I'd love some tomato starts, Teresa---how about one each of the Sungold, Yellow Pear, Glacier and Legend? I'll bring you a pair of Blue Beans and a few different sedums for your 'Thomas Hobbs planters'...
    I'm looking forward to this trade! Are you bringing that adorable baby?
    ~Lisa

• treepalm
    19 years ago

My adorable baby is already 2 and 1/2! Yes, she and my husband will be there at least for awhile. I've got you down for the tomatoes you want.
    Teresa

• Doris_J
    19 years ago

I need another Decaisnea, please. I have two mature trees, and they don't give me any beans! $#%^!

• sedum_gal
    Original Author
    19 years ago

You got it, Doris----
    I'll put your name on one...
    Are you coming to the Brinnon swap?!?!
    ~Lisa

• Doris_J
    19 years ago

Yes, Ma'am! I'm bringing the old man, and we'll be in Brinnon from Friday to Sunday! Woo hoo! The clamming got to him.

• garden_of_mu
    19 years ago

If you have any left I'd love to get two. Would you like a piece of Epimedium x perralchicum 'Frohnleiten'?

Mike

• sedum_gal
    Original Author
    19 years ago

Hey Mike!!! Yes, of course, I'll put your name on a couple...I'm interested in hearing about your new abode, and how the move went.
    I can always use more epimediums. Thanks!
    ~Lisa