Return to the Pacific Northwest Garden Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
HAVE: For Spring 2011 Olympia Swap (Pics)

Posted by dawiff z7 WA (My Page) on
Mon, Apr 4, 11 at 23:30

Here's what I have to trade at the swap, coming up sooner than you think!

Barb, Tammy and Marie were so good to me last year at both swaps, when I had almost nothing to swap, due to having a brand new garden. I hope they can all find something on my list that they'd like to have!

Tomatoes (Good size plants, but will probably still need hardening off, numbers in parentheses are days to harvest)

Determinate
3 Oregon Spring (65-75)
1 Grushovka (65)

Indeterminate
1 Anna Russian (70)
1 Gogoshari Striped (80)
1 Black Krim (75)
1 Tigerella (76)
1 Ukrainian Heart (85)

Peppers
(More than one of each of these peppers, just not sure exactly how many yet)
Black Pearl ornamental pepper (this is actually edible, but has a Scoville unit rating of 30,000+, so it is very HOT)
Early Jalapeno
Poblano

2 Fava Bean Plants (Windsor variety)

Also:

Variegated Vinca (we've been here about a year and a half, it was already growing in the garden and so far it hasn't spread much)

3-4 Colrain Red Monarda (gets about 4-5 feet tall)
2 Arum italicum 'Jack Sprat' (two pots with two little corms in each, this is a cute Arum with little burgundy splotches on the normal veined leaves)
1 red Elderberry
2 Rhododendron macrophyllum (the native Pacific rhodie, little rooted starts)
2 orange native honeysuckle (Lonicera ciliosa)
1 red osier dogwood

Variegated Vinca
Photobucket

Colrain Red Monarda
Photobucket

Arum italicum 'Jack Sprat' (This is what the leaves will look like when the plant is mature, the ones I have for the swap are much smaller)
Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: HAVE: For Spring 2011 Olympia Swap (Pics)

Hi dawiff....

Nice list..! Actually I see a couple things I would love.

1 Oregon Spring tomato
1 Orange native honeysuckle (Lonicera ciliosa)

I hope you can find something on my list that you want....but...if not... I will have a few other different things ready by the time we meet at the Olympia plant trade.
Marie

o

Hi Marie!

I'll set those aside for you. I'll check your list and let you know.

o

Hi dawiff, I would love one of your black pearl ornamental peppers if you have enough. Is there anything on my list you would like?

Here is a link that might be useful: My trade/give-away list for Olympia trade

o

Barbe, I am planning to bring a handful of them, so if you'd like more than one, no problem.

o

• Posted by drtdgr z8PNWTacoma (My Page) on
    Sun, Apr 10, 11 at 15:44

Dawiff, I'd like your arum. Adorable. I'm bringing for now canna 'Richard Wallace', lysimachia 'Alexander', carex 'Ice Dancer', alstroemeria 'Third Harmonic', and pink persicaria.

o

drtdgr, I'll set one aside for you. I'd love some of your Carex 'Ice Dancer.'

o

Hi There,
I'd love a Tigerella and your 2 favas. Anything special you're looking for? I don't have a list up yet but plenty of things coming up now that I could dig. Thanks,
Susan

o

I'll put your name on the Tigerella and the two fava bean plants.

I'm really into the red/orange/purple/yellow color combination this spring for some reason. So anything with leaves or flowers in those colors will suit me, I think. Especially, Heucheras and ornamental grasses. Anything with dark purple leaves or chartreuse leaves. I just picked up a purple-leaved Euphorbia at McLendon's this morning, which I love, it has purply leaves and yellow flowers. Stuff like that.

I also like natives, I have a native area that I'm trying to fill. But don't worry, for the most part my plants will be there for the taking.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from Washington, Oregon, Idaho, Alaska and British Columbia are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Pacific Northwest Garden Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here