Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
nightnurse1968

WANTED: Issaquah Trade Recipes

My contributions:

Bok Choy Salad - I warned y'all it was scary fattening. But it makes a great side dish or a meal!

2 pkgs Ramen noodles (just the noodles not the seasoning), broken into small pieces

1 pkg slivered almonds

2 tsps sesame seeds

1 stick margarine

Saute noodles and almonds in margarine until begins to brown. Add sesame seeds in the last minute or so or they will burn. Let cool. Then add to the following:

1 large bunch Bok Choy, chopped (even the white part)

1 bunch green onions, chopped

Add dressing when ready to serve.

Dressing:

Shake the following ingredients up well.

1 stick margarine, melted

3/4 cup oil

3/4 cup sugar

1/4 cup vinegar

2 Tbsp soy sauce

The Birthday Cake

White cake mix..use 2 eggwhites and 2 whole eggs, otherwise follow the directions. If you want to be authentic undercook it like I did hehe. Let cool. Cut layers in half so you have 4. Spread raspberry preserves over each layer, then cover that with a layer of icing. Ice the whole cake, then watch it fall and droop under the weight of all that goodness....

White Chocolate Cream Cheese Icing

2 oz white chocolate (I used Ghirardelli white chips)

1 8oz pkg cream cheese, softened

1/2 cup butter, softened

1 tsp vanilla

3 cups powdered sugar or to taste

2 tablespoons heavy cream (not sure what this does, but I happened to have some so I used it)

Melt chocolate in a sauce pan or microwave. I just zap them for a minute or so and stir, then a bit more till smooth but not too hot.

Beat cream cheese and butter together until smooth. Mix in melted white chocolate, and vanilla. Gradually beat in powdered sugar until mixture is fluffy. Mix in heavy cream.

Sponsored
Landscape Concepts of Fairfax, Inc.
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars17 Reviews
Northern VA's Creative Team of Landscape Designers & Horticulturists