Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
hadleyweed_gw

WANTED: Issaquah trade-think I mislabeled astrantia seedlings

hadleyweed
16 years ago

To all of you who received my winter sown Astrantia major "Ruby wedding" seedlings, I think they may have been mislabled. One of the folks at the trade mentioned that the seedlings looked a lot like lupine seedlings. The more I thought about it, the more possible it seemed that they are lupine seedlings. I was warned about mix ups with winter sowing, and this could be one. So if you got the astrantia seedlings, you may well have instead Lupinus polyphyllus "Gallery yellow". This is a wonderful light yellow dwarf lupine that gets about 20 inches tall and blooms all summer in my garden when dead headed. So it is a lovely plant, and is listed as okay in part shade, but over all may want more sun than astrantia. Sorry to all if this turns out to be the case. Hopefully you have a spot for yellow lupines if I'm right.

Thanks again to Teresa for hosting, and to all you wonderful, generous gardeners for the lovely plants. I'm not even close to planting them all yet, and I had to go and get more at the Seattle Tilth sale. Of course, having too many plants is a wonderful problem to have!

Sponsored
Buckeye Restoration & Remodeling Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars7 Reviews
Central Ohio's Premier Home Remodelers Since 1996