Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
doublemom

WANTED: Pierce County trade Sunday, June 5

doublemom
18 years ago

We've been chatting about a trade in Pierce County, and I'll be hosting a trade at my place on Sunday, June 5 from 11 a.m. until whenever... I live near Bonney Lake, not too far from Hwy 410.

Same as all the other trades... potluck lunch, trading, visiting, making new friends, and lots of cholorophyll LOL!

I'll provide utensils, plates, napkins, cups, beverages, and I'm sure I can get my kids to do some baking as well. Everyone else please bring a salad or other dish to share. The potlucks are always fantastic, so I have no worries there.

We'll try to do pre-arranged trades, then lunch, then anything-goes trading after lunch. We'll also set up an area for freebies, i.e. "Please take me home and plant me!"

My only concern is that I'm on a street with not much parking space. If at all possible, carpools would be much appreciated.

I do have a trampoline in the back yard, but for liability reasonis I'm going to make it off-limits during the trade. I also have a small pond, less than 2 feet deep, in case anyone will be bringing small children.

So... if I can begin to get a headcount, I'll send directions to anyone replying to this post. You can also get my email address from my website at www.hostacrazy.com.

Let the fun begin!!!!!!!!!!!

Andi

Comments (18)

• freedom1
    18 years ago

Hi, Andi! Yes! I am interested in coming to the swap. I do need to check baseball schedules and such, but it really sounds like fun! Heather and the boys would probably stay with Ray or a sitter and I will bring Ben with me. He is sort of attatched right now. Talk to ya later!

Kathy Roberts

• nightnurse1968 (Suzy)
    18 years ago

Hi Andi,
    Thanks for organizing. I would love to come if you will have me! I have very little to trade, but I think I might actually be able to come this time with something!! I have some baby seedlings almost ready to share. I am coming from Spanaway/Graham area. Could I get some directions please :-)
    Thanks,
    Susan

• flowerfan2
    18 years ago

Hi Andi, I would love to come and see those 250 hostas! I am really excited about seeing your garden. I don't really have a lot of stuff to trade but I am sure I can dig something up between now and then. Please send me directions. I will be coming from Puyallup. Thanks. Karen

• Patrick888
    18 years ago

Hi Andi,

Thanks for choosing a Sunday this time! I definitely plan to attend.

Hmmm, what else to offer to trade?! What else to seek?! Maybe some of the "special" things and TRY to resist the more common? (who has that kind of will power?!) Ok, my focus will be on looking for hummingbird attractors, especially salvias, agastaches & phygelius. Also interested in brugmansias and double purple daturas.

Patrick

• bejoy_gw
    18 years ago

Hi...I would love to come to your Plant Swap as well.
    Thanks for hosting this event. It will be great fun! I also can't wait to see all those beautiful hostas. *G*

Here is a link that might be useful: My exchange page

• drtdgr
    18 years ago

Andi, I'll be there, but late. Darn it! I miss everyone but the diehards. Maybe I can work out something so I can get off earlier from work. Susan

• nightnurse1968 (Suzy)
    18 years ago

Hi all,
    My exchange material is very limited, but I did sow quite a few seeds this winter and will have some babies to share. So far I have potted up:

Rose Mallow or Hardy Hibiscus (Red, pink or white potluck)
    Black/maroon hollyhocks
    Bluebeard (Caryopteris 'Dark Knight')

I will be hopefully adding more as they get big enough to be potted.

Susan

• AaronCGI
    18 years ago

Andi,

An exchange in my own town! I would love to come, though don't know what I have in the way of plants to bring for trade. Almost all are natives that people already have like foxglove, oregon grape, sword ferns, etc. I do have a fair amount of ajuga, and could conceivably make cuttings of several other things.

Aaron

• doublemom
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Aaron - Don't worry about not having much to trade, I guarantee you'll go home with a carfull! We love to load people up with plants :)

And I've also noticed in the last year or two that native plants are becoming more and more popular, so if you have extra natives, post a "Haves" list and I bet people will be interested.

I'll email directions to everyone posting to this thread...

Andi

• nightnurse1968 (Suzy)
    18 years ago

Aaron,
    There will be other beginners like me who don't have enough of the "common" stuff. I am just building my garden and will be coming with maybe only food! Hopefully though I will have some seedlings to share. Looking forward to meeting some new people!
    Susan

• earthnut
    18 years ago

I will try to make it, but it's the start of gig season for my drum group, so no guarantees but we don't have anything at that time currently. A link to my garden list is below. Not everything is tradable, but you can ask if you're interested!

Here is a link that might be useful: my garden list

• Doris_J
    18 years ago

Andi, you've sucked me in again! Maya and I will be there. I'll update my trade list later.

• doublemom
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Ha! Gotcha Doris!!! You know my girls will keep your little one busy so that you can get a cholorophyll fix. I'll make sure you have plenty of chocolate LOL!

Andi

• AaronCGI
    18 years ago

I was earlier thinking of outdoor plants for trade, but does anyone need any house plants? Granted my house plants are fairly common too, but they grow like crazy and I can't keep them contained except for the cacti and african violets. I have solid green spider plants (haven't seen real spiders for quite a while inside, coincidence?). Also have purple velvet plant, red veined fittonia, grape ivy (cissus), asparagus fern (plumosus). I threw about a dozen spider plant babies outside last week just for fun to use as ground cover annuals, contemplanting planting my big spider outside as it is taking over my bathroom and a real trick to keep watered.

Aaron

• Doris_J
    18 years ago

Hey, Aaron, why don't you make a list of those wonderful natives? I'm interested!

• kitty32_z8
    18 years ago

Well put me on the list. I hope to make it. I dont know if I will have 2 of my boys with me or not. Hopefully just myself. I will have mostly seedlings to trade. I know I have a horrid ( I dont like it) bush that seems to have survived being up rooted. It will be a freebie, it has thorns and I hate big thorns..lol. I also will have a few cacti available. I dont know what they are, as they were given to me. Maybe I can get them ID'ed before the trade.
    I will hopefully get my trade list updated. See you all there.
    Kathy

• kellied
    18 years ago

Aaron, I am also interested in the natives, especially the foxglove. Please, please, please make a list!!

• AaronCGI
    18 years ago

Ok, I'll put together a list in the next few days!

Aaron