Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
green4life

HAVE: north portland plant swap!

green4life
17 years ago

Hi there! I had SO much fun at past Plant Swaps, that I figured I would try my own hand at having one. Therefore, I'm hosting the first annual NORTH PORTLAND PLANT SWAP!

Saturday, MAY 13th

10am - 2pm

7411 N Huron

(one block south of N Lombard in the University Park Neighborhood)

Come Share your gardenÂs bounty! Bring plants to share and trade with other gardeners. Meet other area gardeners and plant enthusiasts. Share knowledge and ideas! Build Community!

All plants welcome!

If you donÂt have plants to share, feel free to bring gardening tools,

books, and seeds!

And Please mark plants clearly for easy identification!

Questions?

Email Plant Host, Amy! enid_draigh@yahoo.com

PLEASE SPREAD THE WORD! The more people, the more plants! :)

Comments (5)

• annaliese
    17 years ago

there's another the next wekend:
    The 6th Annual North Portland Plant X-change is Saturday May 20, 2006. It is listed as only 10 - 11 am. The parking lot at 7215 N. Ivanhoe in the St. Johns neighborhood. Questions? Contact is Abby at 503-285-7621. I got the flyer delivered, but won't be in town : (

• pdxjules
    17 years ago

darn Amy,

Missed your note, but I saw your Plant Swap sign on the way over and back to the Annual St John's Parade - so I missed it. It you have leftovers that you want gone - please bring them to the next Swap -
    or offer them here.

Hope you had a good experience!
    We still neeed a Fall Swap host in PDX, I think.

Hint, Hint!

Julie

(who will help Host a Spring 2007 Plant Swap at Earth Day in NE Portland's Woodlawn Park next April. Will post info as soon as we have a firm date.)

• buyorsell888
    17 years ago

What exactly does a plant swap host do?

I have a huge driveway in SE Portland on a quiet street with plenty of room for parking...

• pdxjules
    17 years ago

Hi 888,

Basically a Host sets and publicizes a date, site/hours, and simply provides space for at least a dozen people to spread out their stuff. It's good to confirm that a few greenhouse gardeners can be there early, to ensure a range of good stuff. Tables are nice, but not necessary.

Shade and watering cans (or hose), are nice - and the Host usually decides what to do with leftover stuff. For example, perhaps invite new homeowner neighbors to come the next day and take all thwey want, or Post a list here on GardenWeb, Craigs, or Donate all to a non-profit.

Some ideas are in this Post, but you certainly can keep it simple. (One of the best Swaps I attend each Spring is advertised as a 1-hour Swap, with no food involved)

http://faq.gardenweb.com/faq/lists/okgard/2004013529013835.html

People with lists here may pre-arrange Trades, and try to early, with the pre-arranged, labelled, items.

You can invite a Garden club to put a listing in their newsletter...perhaps the Fuscia people - but hey'll need to know all sorts of items are welcome. Several people on this GW list can help to publicize your Swap, and we often have our own email lists for this purpose. These people include OldHerb, NeonKatz, pdxJules and my new friends Lee and Ellen...who just started a monthly garden Club that includes frequent Member Swaps. Saturday the 15th is the next outing and Swap if you want to join us.

Let me know when I can help with invitations!

Jules

Here is a link that might be useful: Some Swap ideas - many *Optional*

• buyorsell888
    17 years ago

Dang, I missed this post and would have loved to come visit on the 15th, DH was working.