Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
doris_j

HAVE: Columbines for Fall Trade

Doris_J
17 years ago

I'm going to dig up some Columbines for the Fall Trade. They are shades of purple. We'll call these Number 1, 2, and 3. Anyone have any requests? First come, first served.

{{gwi:680990}}

{{gwi:680993}}

{{gwi:680995}}

Comments (23)

• Patrick888
    17 years ago

Doris...I'd love some of the purple & white (no. 1)....are they McKanna Giants? I have some soft pink with short spurs I'd be happy to trade...or perhaps something else. By the end of summer I can put together a list of things I have.

Patrick

• Doris_J
    Original Author
    17 years ago

They grew from seed, and I don't know if they're McKanna or not, but they are nice and tall. I'd be glad to pot up some #1 for you, Patrick!

• franswindowbox
    17 years ago

Hey Doris ;
    I would love #3 please, And I thought U where going to host the next one ? hehe :) I would love to see where all those hellebores are growing. Thanx for the columbines. Frani.

• Doris_J
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Oh, Frani, you bad girl! Don't be posting my address, heh, heh!

I have lots of #3. I'll pot you up a few.

• jillian_plicplic
    17 years ago

Doris, I'd love some #1! Those are gorgeous - I love the bicolor columbines the best!

• nightnurse1968 (Suzy)
    17 years ago

Oh I like #2. (Pretty Please) I was about to ask when's the next one. So Doris...whats the addy. What should I bring. Can I come early with a shovel???? hehehehehe

• firevicar
    17 years ago

And be sure to save seeds of each kind. #1 looks like the colorado columbine, and 3# looks like a named "chocolate" or some such cultivar.

I want to do a big winter seed sowing exchange at the Green Elephant this fall. So start saving the seeds now. :)

Jim

• wisteria54
    17 years ago

If you have any left of #1 or #2 or both i could use some thanks so much, great colors

Pam

• Doris_J
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Jim, I'll be saving seed! Susan, I've got you down for #2. I think I'm out of #1, folks.

Pam, I'd be glad to dig some #2 for you, but I'm only providing these at the local plant trades. Will you be around? Or, if not, can I collect seed and send you some when it's ripe?

• kellied
    17 years ago

#1 isn't McKana Giant or the Colorado native. It is the progeny of some that I had hand selected and that the bees cross hybridized.

• Doris_J
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Oh, sure! Take all the credit, Kellie with a small 'k'! Heh, heh! You and those bees!

• kellied
    17 years ago

Not looking for credit, just don't want misinformation going around!

• Doris_J
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Well, I must say, you sure know how to hand select 'em, Miss Kellie!

• otterspotter
    17 years ago

I'd like some seed from #2 & #3 & would love to have a plant of each if we could work that out. I'm kinda in the boonies...

I am growing some mini-columbine this year & may have some seed from them to trade. I also will have seed from two different shades of deep red, one with white & the other with yellow. If you are interested in these. Then I have a couple of bags of mixed columbine seeds from last year...

• Patrick888
    17 years ago

Maybe we should call #1 'Kellie's Bees' !!! Hiya Kellie.

Patrick

• kellied
    17 years ago

Hiya, Patrick!

Since I left my collection behind when we moved (boohoo!) I'm starting over again. Doris has several that I have my eye on..........midnight raid!!

• Doris_J
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Is that your good eye, Kellie?

• trolley_molly
    17 years ago

I'd love to swap some of my variegated leaf columbine (can't think of the variety right off, but with a pretty gold and green leaf and rose flowers) for some of your #1.

• catkin
    17 years ago

Hello to kellied and Doris_j! (((((hugs)))))

Cindy

• Doris_J
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Hey Cindy! Good to see you!

• plantknitter
    17 years ago

Speaking of midnight raids...
    Doris, how are your ferns?

remember to keep them watered if we finally get summer later this week.

• catkin
    17 years ago

:waves: Hi Doris! :)

• buyorsell888
    17 years ago

There are Columbine all over my yard front and back but every single one of them is dark blue. Now, I love dark blue but I didn't realize there were so many other pretty colors and combinations.