Return to the Pacific Northwest Garden Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
HAVE: Columbines for Fall Trade

Posted by doris_j Z8 WA (My Page) on
Sat, May 20, 06 at 13:22

I'm going to dig up some Columbines for the Fall Trade. They are shades of purple. We'll call these Number 1, 2, and 3. Anyone have any requests? First come, first served.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: HAVE: Columbines for Fall Trade

Doris...I'd love some of the purple & white (no. 1)....are they McKanna Giants? I have some soft pink with short spurs I'd be happy to trade...or perhaps something else. By the end of summer I can put together a list of things I have.

Patrick

o

They grew from seed, and I don't know if they're McKanna or not, but they are nice and tall. I'd be glad to pot up some #1 for you, Patrick!

o

Hey Doris ;
I would love #3 please, And I thought U where going to host the next one ? hehe :) I would love to see where all those hellebores are growing. Thanx for the columbines. Frani.

o

Oh, Frani, you bad girl! Don't be posting my address, heh, heh!

I have lots of #3. I'll pot you up a few.

o

Doris, I'd love some #1! Those are gorgeous - I love the bicolor columbines the best!

o

Oh I like #2. (Pretty Please) I was about to ask when's the next one. So Doris...whats the addy. What should I bring. Can I come early with a shovel???? hehehehehe

o

And be sure to save seeds of each kind. #1 looks like the colorado columbine, and 3# looks like a named "chocolate" or some such cultivar.

I want to do a big winter seed sowing exchange at the Green Elephant this fall. So start saving the seeds now. :)

Jim

o

If you have any left of #1 or #2 or both i could use some thanks so much, great colors

Pam

o

Jim, I'll be saving seed! Susan, I've got you down for #2. I think I'm out of #1, folks.

Pam, I'd be glad to dig some #2 for you, but I'm only providing these at the local plant trades. Will you be around? Or, if not, can I collect seed and send you some when it's ripe?

o

#1 isn't McKana Giant or the Colorado native. It is the progeny of some that I had hand selected and that the bees cross hybridized.

o

Oh, sure! Take all the credit, Kellie with a small 'k'! Heh, heh! You and those bees!

o

Not looking for credit, just don't want misinformation going around!

o

Well, I must say, you sure know how to hand select 'em, Miss Kellie!

o

I'd like some seed from #2 & #3 & would love to have a plant of each if we could work that out. I'm kinda in the boonies...

I am growing some mini-columbine this year & may have some seed from them to trade. I also will have seed from two different shades of deep red, one with white & the other with yellow. If you are interested in these. Then I have a couple of bags of mixed columbine seeds from last year...

o

Maybe we should call #1 'Kellie's Bees' !!! Hiya Kellie.

Patrick

o

• Posted by kellied Coastal Oregon (My Page) on
    Tue, Jun 13, 06 at 15:53

Hiya, Patrick!

Since I left my collection behind when we moved (boohoo!) I'm starting over again. Doris has several that I have my eye on..........midnight raid!!

o

Is that your good eye, Kellie?

o

I'd love to swap some of my variegated leaf columbine (can't think of the variety right off, but with a pretty gold and green leaf and rose flowers) for some of your #1.

o

• Posted by catkin UDSA Zone 8 (My Page) on
    Sun, Jun 18, 06 at 23:03

Hello to kellied and Doris_j! (((((hugs)))))

Cindy

o
Hello!

Hey Cindy! Good to see you!

o

Speaking of midnight raids...
Doris, how are your ferns?

remember to keep them watered if we finally get summer later this week.

o

• Posted by catkin UDSA Zone 8 (My Page) on
    Sat, Jun 24, 06 at 20:59

:waves: Hi Doris! :)

o

There are Columbine all over my yard front and back but every single one of them is dark blue. Now, I love dark blue but I didn't realize there were so many other pretty colors and combinations.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from Washington, Oregon, Idaho, Alaska and British Columbia are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Pacific Northwest Garden Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here