Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
goblechick

WANTED: Rebuilding my garden, have natives

goblechick
16 years ago

Hi all. I live in Columbia County, about halfway between Portland and Astoria. I moved a year and a half ago to 10 acres of bare land. I brought as many plants as I could from my 5 acre place, but we moved mid-winter so a lot of my herbaceous things were dormant, and others didn't survive the move. We're building our house, and I have a small "sitting garden" started with The Survivors, just enough garden to preserve my sanity, but I need to replace some of my favorites that didn't make it.

Several years ago I was active on this forum, and a friend and I held a couple of plant exchanges in our neck of the woods, Deer Island. So I'm hoping the gardenweb plant-heads can help me out with some plant love! :-)

I don't have a whole lot to offer in trade, other than some natives on our property.

I have some salal, Oregon grape (the low-growing type), lots of vine maple, polystichum munitum (the "classic" NW fern), and lots of dicentra formosa (Pacific bleeding heart).

Here's my wish list, but I'm open to pretty much anything that isn't invasive or toxic to goats:

Hypericum 'Elstead'

Ceanothus

Spirea 'Goldflame' or others

Cistus 'Ladanifer'

Lonicera 'Late Dutch' (or other honeysuckle varieties)

Diascia, especially 'Emma'

Geranium 'Ann Folkard'

Oregano 'Kent Beauty'

Penstemons

Phlomis

Lavatera

Rose Campion (I KNOW somebody needs to get rid of some of this!)

Hydrangeas

Heuchera

Jacob's Ladder

Pulmonaria

Corydalis

Bleeding Heart (the cultivar, not the native)

Thalictrum

Salix Purpurea

Salix 'Hakiro Nishiki'

Crocosmia

Ornamental grasses

Echinacea

Salvias

Thanks!

Comments (4)