Return to the Pacific Northwest Garden Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
WANTED: do you have brugmansias?

Posted by Patrick888 z8 SeaTac WA (My Page) on
Mon, May 9, 05 at 17:16

Do you have brugmansias to trade? (other than one that originated from Fire Vicar on the Eastside)

I have a number of daturas available and 1 of the above mentioned brugs. I have a few other brugs (Charles Grimaldi, Dr. Seuss, Betty Marshall and seedlings of B. sanguinea as well as some of a cross: Equador Pink X Peaches & Cream)that I can trade cuttings from in the fall. May be able to trade some B. sanguinea plants in bloom during the summer.

Thought I'd check now, in case you have brugs to trade and will be attending either the Seattle May 21 trade or the Pierce Co. June 5 trade.

Thanks,

Patrick

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: WANTED: do you have brugmansias?

I would definitely like a B sanguinea at some point. Not sure I will make June 5th and too busy at Leanna's sale this weekend.
I will try to get my trade lists reposted someday when life settles down.

Judy

o

Hi Judy,

I want to expand my collection of brugs...that's why I was asking if anyone has some they'd like to trade.

I don't expect I'll be trading anything before late summer or fall, after I've seen everything bloom. A trade for other brugs has highest priority, but that's not to say I won't consider something else I'd really like to have.

Patrick

o

Hey Patrick,
I have brug "White Suaveolens" and datura moonflower bush. These are both only babies (first set of leaves). I am still kicking dirt over the darn slugs ate my daturas,gggrrrr. All I can hope is that it killed them!
Let me know if you want either of these. I may have more but, not many.
Kathy

o

Dear Patrick,

I now have three colors of brugmansias. I got a yellow last fall at the Green Elephant, and just yesterday purchased a double white for my garden.

I once bougth B. sanguinea at a Fred Meyer's of all places. Sometimes they accidentally offer such things.

Anyway, all the best in high summer. I hope you can bring a variety of "sticks" from your growing collection to the Fall or Spring Green Elephant Plant Swap.

Jim Eichner

Here is a link that might be useful: Green Elephant Plant Swap

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from Washington, Oregon, Idaho, Alaska and British Columbia are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Pacific Northwest Garden Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here