Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
rosalynde_gw

WANTED: Seattle Swap-who's coming?

Rosalynde
18 years ago

Who's coming to the Seattle Swap May 21st? I just found out there will be a Seattle Times article about it (and Jim's Green Elephant), so would love to have some of you experienced swappers there to help tell the story. There will be a master gardener there, and the master composters program.

Sorry to have this the same day as the benefit sale for LeeAnn- maybe you can attend both!

Does anyone need directions? If so I will post.

Lynda

Comments (7)

• seattle_li
    18 years ago

Hi Lynda -

I'm an occasional lurker on this forum and hoping to come to my first swap on Sat - so you'll have at least one newbie! :)

I saw mention of the benefit sale for LeeAnn on another thread but it didn't have the details - could you give me those or point me to the right thread?

Thanks - looking forward to meeting you all...
    - lisa

• nightnurse1968 (Suzy)
    18 years ago

I plan on attending the swap (and the Plant Sale). Maybe having them both on the same day will actually get more people to it! I am a relative newbie. I am building my garden and have gotten a serious boost from the generosity of gardeners at previous trades. I will be bringing food goodies and possibly a few seedlings. I have some hollyhocks, rose mallow, another that I think is a double pink rose mallow, Blue beardand probably a few others. Other than that I come empty handed! Looking forward to it and glad to hear there is good weather in the forecast for the weekend.
    Susan (NightNurse)

• Rosalynde
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Here you go-
    The LeeAnna Darby Memorial
    PLANT SALE
    Saturday, May 21
    10 AM to 1 PM
    Our Lady of the Lake Church
    8900 35th Ave. NE
    corner of 35th Ave. NE, & NE 89th St.
    in SeattleÂs Wedgwood / Lake City neighborhood

Gardenwebber LeeAnna passed away suddenly, but peacefully in Feb 2005 from complications of a brain tumor at age 32.This sale is sponsored by her gardening friends to benefit her infant daughter and husband. Proceeds to go to The Leon D. Burns FDO Mathew T. Darby account at Washington Mutual Bank

• orangespot
    18 years ago

i'm going to try to come!

-jill

• plantknitter
    18 years ago

Lynda
    What a great write up in the Seattle Times about your exchange and the Eastside gardenweb exchange!

I hope to make it to yours next time.

Thank you for posting the info about LeeAnna's memorial benefit sale on your thread here, too.

Judy

• firevicar
    18 years ago

Dear Linda,

You have some good press in the Seattle Times for the Swap on Saturday.

All the best,

Jim

Here is a link that might be useful: Plant Swap Article Seattle Times

• michelelee
    18 years ago

Hi Susan, Would love some of your Bluebeard if I have something you would like. I am bringing some Aquilegia (dbl. almost black), Dusty Miller, Comfrey, Meconopsis cambrica, Vancouveria hexandra, Tellima grandiflora and others. I'll keep an eye out for you. Michele