Return to the Pacific Northwest Garden Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
HAVE: Cacao (chocolate) seeds/pod

Posted by keithruck WA- Snohomish county (My Page) on
Sun, May 3, 09 at 21:06

I ordered some cacao because I've always wanted to try to grow some. They ended up sending me one more pod that I can use; each pod has 20-30 seeds but they lose viability within a few days of opening the pod so I'm fine with trading the whole pod to someone who wants to try to grow some (you'd need a greenhouse to keep these alive in the winter). Really should trade this week, before the seeds get too old.

I'm doing some research on the seeds I am trying to germinate, so if I get more to sprout than I need, I may trade cacao seedlings later this summer- but for now, just the one pod. I live in Monroe and work in Redmond, so the pod would be available for pickup in one or the other (preference is Monroe, or an end-of-the-workday trade in Redmond).

I'm hoping to trade for some other food related plants I'd really like to add to my yard/house/greenhouse; any of the following would be of interest:
* fruiting olive (edible)
* tea tree (like Tetley tea- to make tea out of the leaves)
* fig- rooted cuttings of any/all fruiting varieties
* banana or plantain, any varieties I don't already have (let me know what you have, I'll let you know if I have it)
* bay leaf tree
At some point I may also want to get rhubarb and hops rhizomes, but I'm not really ready for them yet.

If you have other 'uncommon' food-related plants, including tropicals (but excluding annual garden veggies), let me know- but the list above are the ones I'm most interested in right now.

I will probably have some kiwi plants (fuzzy kind) for trade later this summer, let me know if you want a late summer trade for kiwi. I'm also currently rooting cuttings from a vigorous climbing hydrangea that wants to eat my front porch, those will also be available as soon as they have rooted.

Thanks,
Keith

Follow-Up Postings:

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from Washington, Oregon, Idaho, Alaska and British Columbia are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Pacific Northwest Garden Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here