Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
plantknitter

HAVE: Plant Trade June 27 in South Snohomish County

plantknitter
14 years ago

Sedumgal and I can cohost a plant trade at my place Saturday June 27th.

Is 10 to 2 or 11 to 3 better? or 10 to 3, whatever.

Potluck.

Whoever is interested please post here and we will work on the details.

PNWJudy aka plantknitter

Comments (28)

• flowerfan2
    14 years ago

Hi Judy, I would love to come. I have lots of stuff in pots that need a good home. I would love to see your garden. I have so many plants from it, it will be fun to see them in your garden. Lisa I have a devil's club if you still want one. Either time is fine with me. Thanks for hosting. Karen

• sedum_gal
    14 years ago

Ooooh Karen,
    I've been wanting a devils' club for years...
    Judy's garden is amazing, for those who have never seen it---now's your chance!

~Lisa

• dmelcer2
    14 years ago

Judy, Is this a private exchange or can others take part? I have many Egyptian walking onions and quite a few succulents. Any chance I could take part? Dorothy

• keithruck
    14 years ago

I'd love to come- I only have a few things started, but I'd love to find homes for them.

Also, see the pictures at the link below- if you want me to start any cuttings now, I'd be happy to do so. If you have any trouble accessing the pictures let me know and I'll troubleshoot.

Thanks!
    Keith

Here is a link that might be useful: Keith's yard

• sedum_gal
    14 years ago

Dorothy,
    Everyone is welcome at the trade----the more, the merrier!
    It's always fun to meet new Gardenwebbers and their plants...
    And Keith, I checked out your photos the other day. You have some interesting things---come prepared to take home some more. :o)

See you at Plantknitters!

~L

• keithruck
    14 years ago

L-

Just let me know if there is anything you would like a cutting of, I'll do it now and start it rooting, to bring with me :)

Plantknitters?

Best,
    Keith

• thane
    14 years ago

I might be in! I'll have to review my trade list.

• albabela
    14 years ago

OMG!!! Lisa & Judy's!
    Maybe you should read the title "Christmas in June"!

I'll try to move mountains and anything else that needs moving to make it there!

-Shilpa

• sedum_gal
    14 years ago

LOL, Shilpa! Do try to make it, it would be great to see you. I might even don my Santa costume.

• plantknitter
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Karen and Shilpa,
    And I'll be saying you should have seen my garden last week!

But I do have a suggestion:
    Since this is not the usual trading time of year, can everyone who has emails of some of our usual trader folks send off an email to them to let them know about this, thanks.

• dawiff
    14 years ago

Is it ok if a newbie shows up with just food and no plants to trade? I'm not a newbie to gardening, just to Seattle. We moved here last fall, and are currently living in a rental home in North Seattle. I would love to meet some fellow gardeners (and it sounds like Judy's garden is a great example of a PNW garden). I do have some annuals that I started from seed, as well as five shoeboxes of seeds.....

• Gunnar's Mom
    14 years ago

Rats! I missed Lisa last trade, now we're gone again.
    Double Rats!

Judy/Lisa, can I drop off some pots for you to pass along to whomever would like them. I'll stop by perhaps during the week before.

LA Iris 'Black Gamecock', 3 divisions in 1G pots
    Deutzia 'Chardonnay Pearls', 3 rooted cuttings pots
    I also have leaves fallen off of different echeveria that have started to make babies.
    Plus whatever else I can clear out of my pot getto.

I need nothing in return.
    Regards, -Janine

• Gunnar's Mom
    14 years ago

Correction to my post above:
    The Deutzia is D. Gracilis 'Nikko' not C.Pearls. -Au

Here is a link that might be useful: Nikko Pics

• sabrinaq
    14 years ago

I would love to attend this trade, especially since it is in my neck of the woods. IÂve only been to one trade before and I definitely still consider myself a newbie gardener. I donÂt have much to offer yet, but hereÂs what I think I can come up with:
    Euphorbia ÂBlack Pearl  I have a couple babies
    I have a bunch of what I think are violas (dark purple with yellow)
    2 divisions of garlic chives
    Ginger mint
    Sweet woodruff
    A couple divisions of a short variegated grass
    Cuttings of Choisya ternate ÂSundance (Sundance Mexican Orange)
    A couple cuttings of Fuschia Magellanica var. molinae
    I could try to take one division each of:
    Dicentra spectabilis ÂAlbaÂ
    Lysimachia nummularia creeping jenny
    Nimbus hardy geranium
    Centaura Montana (mountain bluet)
    Silver Princess Shasta daisy
    ÂOld Court frilled lace Shasta daisy
    Zagreb Threadleaf Coreopsis

IÂm not looking for anything particular, but plants that take part sun to shade are best and I prefer cool colors (blue, pink, purple, white).

• albabela
    14 years ago

Yaee sabrinaq!!(I gotta send email to anderab - it'll be like old times! Well.. almost)

I am clearing out a big patch of black eyed susans and blue star creeper. Also, I noticed a bunch of hellebore babies - that are looking more like a "tween". They are up for grabs. What else?... I'll go walk around outside and post later.

• flowerfan2
    14 years ago

Hi Sabrinaq, I would be interested in the euphorbia black pearl babies. I see you don't have your e-mail address posted on your page so I couldn't e-mail you directly. I have lots of stuff on my trade list. LMK if you would like to trade. Karen

Here is a link that might be useful: Karen's trade list

• greenelephant
    14 years ago

Dear Judy,Lisa,

I think I can make the 27th. I look forward to seeing you in your native habitat!

Here's some of what I'll bring. But I'm not looking to setup trades ahead of time.

Pholox paniculata - garden phlox in various colors.
    Rudbeckia subtomentosa - sweet brown eyed susan
    Ground Cherry - like a tomatillo in the paper husk, only sweet, more like a yellow/orange cherry tomato.
    Brocolli starts
    Meadow Rue - three species
    Gunnera Manicata (big starts in 3 gal pots)
    Cyperus alternafolius - Umbrella reed (related to papyrus)
    Y'vonne's Giant Salvia - this is a hummingbird special.

Are we going to potluck some lunch? Any certain ingredient you'd like me to bring?

Best Regards,

Jim Eichner
    GreenElephant

• sabrinaq
    14 years ago

Hi Karen. The Euphorbia babies are yours. Your plant list is amazing. I would love some colchicum and/or some purple asters. Shilpa - it will be great to see you again! Looking forward to it.

• lotta_plants
    14 years ago

jim i would love some of the giant salvia
    allison

• brody
    14 years ago

Sounds like a great time. I'm gonna make the trip-- just hope I can remember how to get there. I don't have much potted up now but I made a list of plants that I can pot up for the trade. Anyone who's interested in making pre-trades, LMK, and also what I should make for the potluck. Looking forward to seeing you all there.

• sam_wa
    14 years ago

I'm in- It's been awhile! Off the top of my head here's a few things I have to trade.

- Acer barbinerve (it's kinda like a Coral Bark Maple) - big ol' 10 gallon pot

- Euonymus latifolius (Spindle Tree - 5 gal)

-Salvia offinalis 'Purpurea' 1 gal

-Thujopsis dolabrata variegata - rootbound 5 gal

-Sedum 'angelina'
    -Sedum 'autumn joy'
    -New Zealand brass buttons
    -Golden creeping jenny

-Lettuce (to eat, not to grow :-) )

• sedum_gal
    14 years ago

Yay Sam, it's been freakin' AGES since we saw you...
    SO glad you're coming to the trade. I can't wait to hear what you've been up to!
    See you at Judys---

~Lisa

• Doris_J
    14 years ago

I'll be there. Not prearranging anything, don't want anything, but I'll bring a few plants and food! Woo hoo!

• mudpatti
    14 years ago

I'd like to join in on the fun. I'm fairly new to PNW, came here from Arkansas and now live in Monroe.
    Patti

• plantknitter
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Patti, you are welcome to come to the trade.
    I need to send you the directions, can you send me an email directly so that I can email the directions to you?

I don't want the directions to go through the gardenweb system.

thanks
    Judy

• Merrygardener
    8 years ago

This sounds like a fabulous day!! I am so sorry that I am not available for a trip up north that day. So sorry for me !

• greenbean08_gw
    8 years ago

Merry, I think maybe you were looking for another thread? This one is from 2009. ;-)

• Merrygardener
    8 years ago

Ha! Well, now I don't feel so unlucky, just inattentive! Thanks!

Sponsored
Through The Garden, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars21 Reviews
#1 Landscape Design Build Firm Serving Virginia/Maryland & DC Area