Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
elaine8_gw

HAVE: A Great Big Thank You to Andi.

elaine8_gw
17 years ago

Jerome and I thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. Andi, your garden design compliments the grassy area that was used for entertaining....perhaps the hubby may be right after all. We came home with a ton of plants and I just finished unloading and watering every little lovely that was shared.

This was a fantastic trade! And the weather was perfect. Thank you Gardenwebbers.

Elaine

Comments (17)

• flowerfan2
    17 years ago

Thanks Andi for hosting such a great swap. I had a wonderful time visiting with everyone. It was nice to see so many new faces! I came home with so many wonderful plants and I am proud to say I have half of them planted already. Your garden was beautiful, the weather was perfect, the food was great. It couldn't have been a better time. Thanks! Karen

• barbe_wa
    17 years ago

Thank you for a great day, Andi. The location, weather, plants, people and food couldn't have been better.
    Barb and Don

• lauraann
    17 years ago

What a great day!
    Thank you Andi.
    It was certainly a pleasure to check out all your plant gems. You've done a beautiful job there.
    It was vey nice to meet Monkey and Jet too.
    I've planted a ton and am totally wiped out.

Thank you everybody for the great plants, great food and great time.
    Laura

• nightnurse1968 (Suzy)
    17 years ago

Thanks Andi! Your place is so nice and the company was great. I got so many wonderful plants. Thanks everyone :-)The weather couldn't have been nicer...I even got a sunburn. Got some of mine planted but have plenty more to do tomorrow. I am going to sleep good tonight.

• Patrick888
    17 years ago

I'd like to add my thanks to Andi...and her supportive family, for hosting a great plant swap. As my yard gets maxed out on the plants it will hold, the social aspect of these swaps grows ever more important. It was a great day and most of my planting will happen tomorrow. I'm looking forward to seeing everyone again "next time"!

Patrick

• drtdgr
    17 years ago

Thank you Andi for the great time!

Everything was perfect - great garden to tour, food, plants, and of course fellow gardeners.
    It was nice to see the regulars and new faces also.

I took two newbies in tow and totally enabled them to pick up the great plants that were so generously offered.

Certainly some seeds were planted yesterday to start some great gardens (and gardeners)! Susan

• kitty32_z8
    17 years ago

Andi,
    I wanted to thank you for opening up your home. The trade was wonderful! Everyone is always so great. Your gardens gave me some new ideas. You've done a exceptional job on your gardens.
    Sorry that I had you pot stuff up and then forgot the items, hopefully it didnt take too much effort!
    THANK YOU!
    Kathy

• jillian_plicplic
    17 years ago

" I took two newbies in tow and totally enabled them to pick up the great plants that were so generously offered."

Hi! Newbie here! Thanks for all the enabling, Susan! I had a terrific time, my daughter slept for nearly 3 hours afterward and I spent a lot of time yesterday afternoon ogling and coddling and reviewing and planning where to put my 80+(!!) acquisitions.

Andi, you were a terrific hostess and your gardens are gorgeous, something to aspire to. Thanks so much for organizing this. I hope next time to have plants of my own to offer up; until then THANK YOU so much to everyone who was so generous with their starts.

• doublemom
    17 years ago

Thanks to everyone who came yesterday... how did you like the weather I ordered ?? LOL... It was such a gorgeous day, and I had so much fun seeing old friends and meeting new people. My only wish is that I could have spent more time with everyone, with so many people here it was hard to spend enough time with everyone :) But I wouldn't have changed a thing :)

And thank you also for all of the wonderful things that people brought for the potluck - yummy! I discovered two things that had been left in my fridge that I had forgotten to put out when people started eating.

I had a wonderful day, thank you everyone for making it such a success :)

Happy Gardening,
    Andi

• jburesh1388
    17 years ago

I'll add my admiration and thank yous as well for a truely fantastic swap! My friend Karin and I divided up the spoils when we got home and were daunted by the prospect of having to plant so many!

This was my 3rd swap and certainly the largest. Everyone brought fantastic freebies. I can't believe how my list of named hosta has grown thanks to Andi and Hostaguy!

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!! :)

It will however take me a couple of weeks to carve a bed out of the lawn for all of them. (The back breaking part of gardening)

• natureboy77
    17 years ago

Thank You Andi :)
    Had a great time visiting with everyone and see how your garden has changed and grown since the last time I was there.
    Always a great group of people to talk plants and enjoy good food.
    Thank you for opening up your home to all of us.
    Thanks, Jake

• hostaguy
    17 years ago

Andi!!! Andi!!! Andi!!! (Cheering Squad)
    What a fantastic day! Thank you SO much for the opportunity to trade and meet fantastic people. Your yard is sooo beautiful, I hope we didn't destroy your grass too much, then again.... knowing you... you're probably happy if the grass dies, so you can plant more stuff ;-) lol
    This was truly an amazing trade, sooooo many plants. The trade of the YEAR!

Thanks to all the folks that prearranged trades with me, the plants far exceeded my expectations! Karen (flowerfan2) (the lady that saved all those plants from near death) You're truly amazing! I love my old callas, vines, coral bark Japanese maple!!!!

I got out on Saturday in my yard and worked the soil and planted a large number of plants. Everything looks great! I got a little bit sun burned, but that's okay!

Looking forward to future trades! Keep on diggn!

• michelelee
    17 years ago

Andi, My friend Anjum and I had a wonderful time! Well worth the drive. Your gardens are beautiful. I think we looked at everything in your yard! Beautiful weather and a bit of sunburn to start the year, lol.

Thank you so much for the Hosta 'seedlings' they are great sized and everything else you had for me. I love them!

Thank you to everyone else for the fabulous trades, the wonderful freebies and to Karen for all the digging/saving. I love the Peony, Iris, Torch Lily and Hellebore. There was so many, I was able to split them all with my friend. I am glad to know they will grow on in others yards.

Can't wait to see everyone again! Michele

• brianc2112
    17 years ago

Hi Andi,

Thank you for opening up your yard and house to the bunch of us. Julie and I had a great time, we ate too much and took too many plants home. I guess thats what it's all about! :)

Once again, thanks a bunch, we had a great time!
    Brian and Julie

• plantknitter
    17 years ago

Perfect garden, perfect hosts, perfect plants, perfect people, gardenwebbers, food, perfect weather....what more could we want?
    Andi, I finally got to see your garden, pond and greenhouse-and they are lovely. thank you for the plants, I'm really excited about them.
    And a HUGE thank you to Karen for doing the plant rescue, I got those all washed up and potted up.

thank you all

• garden_of_mu
    17 years ago

As always, we had a wonderful time and came home with some really nice plants as well. Thanks to Andi and everyone for a great day. And tell the girls it was great to meet their beautiful kitties! =)

Mike & Daniel

• moonsaga
    17 years ago

Hey!

I missed you all! I want to show up to a swap in the fall...

Meag