Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
flowerfan2

HAVE: rescued plants for Bonney Lake trade

flowerfan2
17 years ago

Hi, there are several homes soon to be demolished to make way for a freeway ramp. The yards have lots of old fashioned cottage style perennials. I hate to see the bulldozers get them all. If any one wants any of these I could bring them to the Bonney Lake trade this Saturday.

Corsican Hellebore-Helleborus argutifolius(green flowers)

Hardy geranium-geranium macrorrhizum-pink flowers-scented lvs

Snowflake-leucojeum sp.- white flowers

pink peonys

dark purple tall bearded iris

kniphofia

calla lily-white flowers

perennial bachelor button-centaurea-blue flowers

LMK ASAP if anyone wants these. Karen

Comments (13)

• treepalm
    17 years ago

Karen, I would love some Snowflake-leucojeum sp.- white flowers. I found a picture of them and I know them as snowdrops. I would also like some Corsican Hellebore and some pink peonys. Anything I could bring you?
    Thanks,
    Teresa

• Doris_J
    17 years ago

Ooo, Pink Peonies. Yes!

• nightnurse1968 (Suzy)
    17 years ago

Hi Karen,
    I would love some of the snowflakes, a pink peony and an iris or two. You are a sweetie to rescue those plants. I'd hate to see them go too. Thanks!
    Suzy (Nightnurse1968)

• elaine8_gw
    17 years ago

Karen, If there's enough I liked Snowflakes and a Hellebore. Thanks for offering them. Elaine

• plantknitter
    17 years ago

Karen
    Wow! are you just going to sneak in and get them? Brave soul you are.
    I'd love some leucojeum, the tall dark iris and the calla lilies, please if you can, but be careful.
    thanks
    Judy

• michelelee
    17 years ago

Yay Karen! I am so glad you are rescuing them. I would love a Hellebore ( I have been trying to get this forever!), Kniphofia, Peony, Iris if there are any left.
    Thank you. Michele

• hostaguy
    17 years ago

I would enjoy some white Callas if you have any left.

Thanks for saving the soon-to-be victims! You're a hero!

• kitty32_z8
    17 years ago

Hye Karen,
    I would be interested in any of these that you might have enough of:
    Hellebore
    Peony
    kniphofia
    Thanks for taking the time and energy to share!
    Kathy

• andreab
    17 years ago

I'd love some of the bearded iris if it's not too late.
    thanks!

Also, I'm a new gardner - just moved into my house in October so if you have any others that no one claims, I'd gladly give them a new home!
    (I can offer empty pots and baked goods in return on Saturday) thanks so much!

• jburesh1388
    17 years ago

I'd love the following if there are still some available. I love that you are saving these plants!

Corsican Hellebore-Helleborus argutifolius(green flowers)
    Hardy geranium-geranium macrorrhizum-pink flowers-scented lvs
    Snowflake-leucojeum sp.- white flowers
    pink peonys

jacqueline

• wisteria54
    17 years ago

Boy i heard about this late, i dont get home from work til now, if anything left i could use a peony, geranium bachelor button, or any hellebores (these are doing excellent in my woodland garden, dont have to water)

thanks pamela

• flowerfan2
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Hi I have plants for everyone. I am not going to have time to pot all these plants up. I will just bring them bareroot in plastic bags with your names on them. There is bindweed and horsetail growing in with these plants. You should soak them when you get home and remove all the soil before planting them in your yard. There was a clematis I rescued also. It has leaves like a tangutica which is a species variety with nodding yellow flowers, but of course you won't know for sure until it blooms. Does any one want this? LMK See ya Saturday. Karen

• elaine8_gw
    17 years ago

Hi Karen, I'd like to grow the Clematis. A bag for it is fine. Thanks, Elaine.