Return to the Pacific Northwest Garden Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
WANTED: streptocarpus

Posted by threekittygarden (mamamy@msn.com) on
Wed, Jun 16, 10 at 2:42

Hello,

I am wanting a streptocarpus plant but I can not find it in the nurseries around me. I live in South Seattle Area. Does anybody know where I could purchase a plant or anybody has one that I could trade with?
Thank You.

Tita

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: WANTED: streptocarpus

Tita, you might run across a streptocarpus at a nursery like Swanson's or Molbak's...but I'd contact the Puget Sound Gesneriad Society to inquire about a local source:
pugetsoundgesneriadsociety@gmail.com

However, a specialty plant like that may require buying online. You could do a web search for vendors. Check out Logee's:

http://www.logees.com/products.asp?dept=146

I'm somewhat familiar with Kartuz Nursery in SoCal...I just checked their site and it looks like they sell streptocarpus only in a "grab bag" manner - 3 of their choice for about $18 or $20, depending on whether they're named/unnamed cultivars:

http://www.kartuz.com/c/1GES17/Streptocarpus.html

Patrick

o
eBay site for streps

Ok...I've got to quit "researching" gesneriad sites or I'll get hooked on these plants again!

I found they are offerred on eBay (what isn't?!). I also found that David Thompson is apparently a respected streptocarpus hybridizer. This eBay seller sells some of his cultivars.

Here is a link that might be useful: Streptocarpus on eBay

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from Washington, Oregon, Idaho, Alaska and British Columbia are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Pacific Northwest Garden Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here