Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
grrrnthumb

HAVE: Free Angel's Trumpets (pictures)

grrrnthumb
15 years ago

I have several young plants free to good homes, if you'll come up to Marysville to get them (40 minutes North of Seattle), and if you are willing to overwinter them.

These are young starts from mother plants like in the picture below.

Angel's Trumpets (brugmansia) are among the most beautiful & most intesely fragrant tropical plants. Their flowers are huge and impressive; they have been known to stop traffic in in the street.

They are very fast growing and make small trees that can be grown long-term in a pot, like a lemon tree. Like many other plants in our garden, they are posionous, though the taste is very bitter to animals and they are usually left alone.

If you don't have a greenhouse, they can be overwintered in a dark garage or basement that doesn't freeze, or that can have a small heater keep it above freezing. If you're interested, I'll help you find all the info you need on them.

I have many rare varieties, of many different colors, and I would like to spread them around to other locals just in case something happens to mine. So if you can demonstrate that you can overwinter the basic varieties, I would be glad to share some of the rarer ones with you in the future, including doubles & variegates. I am not mailing any at this time, local pickup only. Send me an email if you're interested. :^)

- Tom

plantsgw@hulsetile.com

Comments (2)