Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
bejoy2

HAVE: 2012 Olympia Fall Trade

bejoy2
11 years ago

This year's Olympia Fall Trade is set for Sept 15, 2012 from 10:00 AM to 1:00 AM. It will be held at the ball field at Sunwood Lakes. The address for the clubhouse is 8005-1 Thrulake Circle SE, Olympia, 98513. There will be a sign at the clubhouse entrance directing you to the ball field. I will have tools for sharpening your pruners, trimmers, clippers and etc. I will also have plenty of empty pots up for grabs, along with my usual winter crops and all kinds of free plants.

Comments (16)

• bejoy2
    Original Author
    11 years ago

1:00 *PM*, obviously!

• bejoy_gw
    11 years ago

Tammy and I will post a list of plants closer to the trade. Hope to see many of you there.
    Bejoy

• bejoy2
    Original Author
    11 years ago

I haven't updated my trade list yet. After all the trades I've had, you would think that would be the frst thing I do when I announce the trade. I will update it soon, and when I do, I will change the date on it so you know. But if you see something on my list before then, just ask me if I still have it. Since I am a plant hoarder, I probably still have extras of a lot of stuff on that list. But for this trade, so far, I have (all in gallon or bigger pots): Adam's needle yucca, balloon flower (Platycodon grandiflora), Rodgersia, poker primrose, Harison's yellow rose (the 'Pioneer rose - strongly suckering habit and very! prickly but beautiful and fragrant), fringecup, native foamflower, bunchberry (Cornus canadensis), and more that I can't remember off the top of my head. I just wanted to post this to stimulate activity and bump my post up the queue.

• dawiff
    11 years ago

It's been a while since I came to a swap, but I'm going to try to make it to this one. I'm not sure what I'll have yet, other than a bunch of Columbines of unknown color. Some of the Columbines will have variegated leaves. Not sure what I want either, but off-hand, right now I'm looking for plants that are relatively drought-tolerant once established, and for full sun.

• barbe_wa
    11 years ago

Bumping up. So sorry we're going to miss this one, Tammy!

• plantknitter
    11 years ago

Bejoy, once a post gets replies it moves down the list and posts with no replies stay at the top.
    I did some replies to those old posts, so they will move on down.

• bejoy2
    Original Author
    11 years ago

I have six 1-gallon Kolkwitzia amabalis for trade. I also have a large Rodgersia aesculifolia and gold-leaved Caryopteris. And, as I did at last fall's trade, I will have fall crops and many, many perennial starters for free. I still haven't updated my trade list, because I'm still shuffling plants around - like a real-life tile game, I'm moving flats of plants to the staging area so I know what I have. I'm still finding stuff I forgot I had!

• oliveoyl3
    11 years ago

T,
    James would love one of the Kolkwitzia to trade for something we have ... I don't have a list together, so I'll email you to figure it out.
    C

• bejoy2
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Did I forget to tell everyone to bring their pruners, clippers, loppers, etc? I will have the tools for sharpening them again.

I've got several flats of fall crops planted, and will plant more this week. In addition, I have several starter perennials. I'm giving these away for free.

I will also have several pots to give away. And I will have some houseplants (including a very large rubber tree and fiddleleaf fig) that I need to find new homes for.

• dustinwade
    11 years ago

I'm new to these trades. I don't really have anything to trade but would love to pick up some plants. Is that possible? How does all this work?

• bejoy2
    Original Author
    11 years ago

You are certainly welcome to come and get free plants - and advice and the company of really nice people. If you feel awkward about showing up empty-handed (no reason to), you can bring bakery treats, crafts items, foodstuffs, garden gadgets, etc. One guy used to bring honey. Another used to bring worm tea. Lots of people bring empty plant pots. One lady brought garden magazines 2 trades in a row, which were very popular. If you have used window blinds, people cut those up to use as labels. Just show up at the appointed time on the appointed date, and dive right in! I have a free pile, and that is a guilt-free zone. Take what you want, but want what you take. Please spread the word to all your friends, coworkers, customers, complete strangers, etc.

• bejoy2
    Original Author
    11 years ago

How do these things get posted twice, and why can't I delete the duplicate? Grrrr.

• treepalm
    11 years ago

bump

• oliveoyl3
    11 years ago

bejoy2 - I'd like some of your balloon flower & Kolkwitizia. I'll bring fuchsia for you.

Corrine

• barbe_wa
    11 years ago

Good luck with your swap tomorrow. I hope you have a great turnout and can get rid of a lot of the stuff you took from my place! Have a good time and tell everyone hello from the Engels.

• dawiff
    11 years ago

Tammy, I'm not going to make it to the swap tomorrow. But if this other one for October pans out, I might make it to that. I never did get anything dug for the swap this week. It's just been too busy.

Have fun, and hope I'll see you at the later one.

Sponsored
Potomac Shores Cabinetry
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars10 Reviews
Loudoun County's Well-Designed Spaces and Custom Crafted Cabinetry