Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
blameitontherain

WANTED: Wanted: rosa banksiae lutescens

blameitontherain
11 years ago

Hi.

I'm looking for a Puget Sound source for the above rose (a/k/a the Lady Banks rose) for my sister, whose newly married surname is "Banks". I checked Molbaks and did a general Google search without success. Any ideas?

I posted this on the "other" side of this forum, too. I don't care if I can get a good sized plant or just a few sticks. Just want to present my dear sis with a way to "grow" with her family!

Thanks so much!

Rain

Comments (2)

• bejoy2
    11 years ago

I saw a Rosa banksia at Swanson's Nursery in Seattle. The one I saw was the white one, but I didn't notice if it was the single or double. They might have the yellow one, but I wasn't looking for roses, so I can't say for sure. If you don't care if you get the white or yellow, I got some cuttings of the single white form from a lady in Texas, and a couple of them are growing. I specifically asked for cuttings of one that is known to be fragrant, since the fragrance is variable in seed-grown plants. Call Swanson's to see if they still have one, or can get one. If you can't find one anywhere else, I can give you one of my cuttings after they've rooted and grown some more. Send me an e-mail at tammyinolympia@yahoo.com.

• blameitontherain
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Swanson's still had one and I'm picking it up today. Thanks, bejoy2/Tammy!!! And thank you for your kind offer, too!

Chortling with glee,

Rain

Sponsored
RTS Home Solutions
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars3 Reviews
BIA of Central Ohio Award Winning Contractor