Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
bejoy2

HAVE: 2010 Olympia Fall Trade Plant List

bejoy2
13 years ago

For this year's fall trade, I am planting fall vegetable starts, including kohlrabi, cabbage, kale, mustard, rainbow lights swiss chard, onions, chives, brussels sprouts, broccoli, cauliflower and broccoli-raab, as well as some fall-sown perennial flowers. With our weather being as temperamental as it is, I am going to do several plantings, spaced about a week apart to help guard against crop failure. I have no way of knowing what will or won't survive until the trade, but I think the possibilities are exciting. It'll be my first large-scale sowing attempt, so wish me luck!

In addition to the above, I have

Zelkova serrata (3-yr sapling)

Styrax japonicus (small seedlings)

iris of unknown color and heritage, but almost certainly German

daylilies,

Ribes sanguineum gallon shrubs

Philadelphus lewisii (3-yr cuttings)

Eryngium amethystinum

and much more. Check My Page for an updated plant list.

Tammy

Comments (6)

• dawiff
    13 years ago

Tammy, Are you still looking for native shrubs? I have 1 twinberry, 2 native Viburnums, 2 red osier dogwoods, and 1 red elderberry. I have a tree, a California laurel, also called Oregon myrtle (Umbellularia californica), which I bought from a nursery. I bought it by mistake when I was looking for California wax myrtle. I also have some extra leek seedlings for fall or for overwintering.

If you by any chance end up with extra onion seedlings, I'd love to have a few.

There's a few other things on your trade list that look interesting, if you still have them -- lady's mantle, fall-blooming aster, and arum italicum.

Let me know if you want to trade. Thanks!

• bejoy2
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thanks for the offer, but I'm not looking to acquire any new plants. I'm running out of room to put new plants. But I will save you the lady's mantle, aster, arum and onion sets. The arum is dormant, so I'll be bringing you what looks like a pot of dirt. You'll have to wait to see if it comes up in the fall.

Tammy

• dawiff
    13 years ago

Tammy, thanks so much! I really appreciate it. A pot of dirt sounds good.

• barbe_wa
    13 years ago

Tammy, I am interested in onion and kohlrabi starts, and do you happen to have any overwintering sprouting broccoli? And what color are your day lilies? I don't need any more orange. Check out my trade list and see if there's anything that appeals to you.

• bejoy2
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Barb, this is what I have planted: Yellow globe onions, red onions, Walla Walla onions, purple sprouting broccoli, green sprouting Calabrese broccoli, and purple Vienna Kohl rabi. I'll set aside one of each for you - if they come up, that is. I had planned on making several sowings of vegetable seeds, but I only just got them planted today, and there probably isn't going to be any second crops. So let's hope they come up!

Mom has the daylilies, so I'll be sure to let her know you're interested.

I have an Epimedium for Don, too.

See you in September!

Tammy

• nightnurse1968 (Suzy)
    13 years ago

Tammy, I was planning on making it to the trade but work is getting in the way. Hoping for a break from the rain for y'all!

Susan

Sponsored
Buckeye Basements, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars31 Reviews
Central Ohio's Basement Finishing ExpertsBest Of Houzz '13-'21