Return to the Pacific Northwest Garden Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
WANTED: Info on what to bring to swap

Posted by spring_chicken z8 Msvl Wa (My Page) on
Wed, Aug 23, 06 at 3:58

I have some plants potted up, like some mint, yellow daylilies, and grasses. But the desireable plants are mainly things that I rooted under mist this summer. Would people be interested in things that are still "babies"? I have things like unidentified honeysuckles, rosemary, and fuschias, as well as some small roses named and not. I wouldn't bring it unless it had a good root system, but are these cosidered tradeable? If anyone is interested in anything, I want just about anything that is not invasive. I especially want edibles, natives, and groundcovers.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: WANTED: Info on what to bring to swap

Hello Spring chicken,
What color are your unidentified honeysuckles? Are your fuschias hardy? I have native strawberries, false lily of the valley, and a nice spring beauty with pink flowers, all native. Look at my post for sept. trade and my list for other choices. So, yes, I'm interested, even it they are babies. Just let me know what I need to do to take care of them.
Teresa

o

Hi Spring chicken, yes those are very tradeable. I am bringing some seedlings also. I would be interested in one of your rosemarys, a fuchsia(if it is hardy), and one of your honeysuckles(if it is a vine and not Hall's). You can take a look on my trade list and see if there is anything you would like. LMK Karen

Here is a link that might be useful: my trade list

o

The honeysuckle is a vine that looks like Harlequin Honeysuckle. I hesitate to make definate trades beforehand, as I have only a few of each, and I would hate to have one not make it. Last year I went away for a few days, and it was the hottest few days that summer that the weatherman didn't see coming. You know what I came back to.

The fuchsias are hardy. They are pink and purple. Both have the same flowers, but one grows to 6 feet tall and doesn't die back to the ground at the coast, while the other is about 3 feet tall and dies back to the ground inland. They may be the same cultivar, with just enough hardiness to make it on the coast. I know that both are more than 30 year old plants. One may be much more that that.

Here is a link that might be useful: The honeysuckle link

o

That's a beautiful honeysuckle. I would love to trade for one. See you at the swap! Karen

o

I would love two honeysuckles and one of the hardy fuschias. Let me know what you would like.
Teresa

o

I would be interested in your fuschia, I have lots of natives. Thanks.

o

Spring Chicken, I am wondering what grasses you have and if you would be interested in anything on my list. Let me know. Michele

o

Here is a photo of the grass, it is usually more upright, but the last bout of heavy rain knocked it down.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

I also have 2 of this rose. Don't let it's cute little bloom fool you, it gets 6' tall. It's a constant bloomer that needs no spray.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
I also have 2 each of roses Mutablis, and Slater's Crimson China, and one Quatre Saison Blanc Mousseau

o

I would be interested in your roses, and possibly the fuchsia. I can offer you an assortment of natives, including ferns, a fringecup which can spread to form a groundcover, and salal and oregon grape.

Ruth

o

I would love to replace my Mutabilis that I got from the arboretum plant sale. LMK if you would like something from my list.
Thanks,
-Shilpa

o

Ruth, I need more Salal and Oregon Grape, and I love all ferns. I am not picky, so whatever you have the most of.

albabela, I need Wooly Thyme!

Flowerfan2, if I have anything you want, I want Jasminum officinale.

Everyone else, I will see you there with everything I have.
I do have tons of that grass, Siberian Iris, and yellow Daylilies

o

Hi Spring chicken,
What can I bring you? What color is your siberian iris?
Teresa

o

Hi Spring chicken, sure I would be happy to bring you the Jasmine in exchange for the honeysuckle vine. Thanks! Karen

o

Treepalm - the Siberian Iris are the standard purple ones. As for what you could bring for those....suprise me. As long as it is not invasive. I like suprises. I have so many of them in my yard, it was all I had pretty much when I bought, that I was thinking of pulling out a clump to give away.

Flowerfa2 - Honeysuckle for jasmine.... too bad they won't be blooming.

o

Spring Chicken, Darn! I have that grass. I would love a Rose if you have any left and can find something(s) from my list. Let me know. Michele

o

• Posted by kellied Coastal Oregon (My Page) on
    Fri, Sep 22, 06 at 10:14

Would you be interested in an antique pink rose from Kentucky?

o

Kellied - It depends, does it get HUGE? Does it smell? If the first answer is yes, I do not have a lot of room, and if it smells nice, then definately. Any idea of it's name?

o

• Posted by kellied Coastal Oregon (My Page) on
    Fri, Sep 22, 06 at 18:39

It was a cutting 3 or 4 years ago and has survived in spite of me so I don't know the ultimate size. Hey, they make pruners for a reason, right? It is an extremely fragrant pink that shows some quartering. Got it in trade so I have no name for it. Please, make this thing happy!

o

What do you want for it?

o

Please, just give it a good home!

I'm leaving right now (6:15am) to make the trade so I won't be able to read a response.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from Washington, Oregon, Idaho, Alaska and British Columbia are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Pacific Northwest Garden Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here