Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
nightnurse1968

WANTED: Lake Tapps Trade

Hi All,

A year ago I moved to the Pacific Northwest from Louisiana. Big change in climate and plant life! I have been in an apartment for a year, but am about to buy a house (August 16th, 2004). I am looking forward to gardening again and especially interested in getting to know new plants. I currently don't have a trade list, but hope to change that soon! My new yard is an open canvas and anyone willing to send plants for postage would be a life saver and blessing to me. I would love to attend your Lake Tapps Trade, but not sure what I can offer. I have a friend that loves gardening and has many different plants so perhaps he will gather somethings together that I can bring for trade. Is there a minimum to bring into trade? I will be getting married the weekend after the trade in my new home, so it would be great to have some new things to get in the ground before then. This would be my first in person trade ever, and if there are any rules or guidelines I should know about can someone clue me in? Thanks so much!

Susan

Comments (7)

• treepalm
    19 years ago

Hello Susan,
    I would be glad to bring you some plants, no trade needed. Do you have a lot of shade or mostly sun, or a mixture of both? Welcome to the area! Email me!
    Teresa

• flowerfan2
    19 years ago

Hi Susan, welcome to the PNW. I could bring you plants to the Sept. swap as well. I always have lots of extra plants and no trade is necessary. I would come to the swap even if you don't have anything. There are lots of gardeners who have more plants than room and are happy to share with new gardeners. Newbies are always welcome! Karen

• Doris_J
    19 years ago

Susan, there will be lots of extras for anyone attending. If you don't have plants to trade, you might just bring some good food for the potluck!

• sedum_gal
    19 years ago

Yes, I echo what the others have said...
    Newbies welcome, as we were all in your shoes at one time.
    Maybe bring a special dish for the potluck, and we promise to send you home with a bunch of new plants for your garden---and we hope you'll love the PNW as much as we do!
    ~Lisa

• nightnurse1968 (Suzy)
    Original Author
    19 years ago

Thank you all so much for your welcome and generosity. I am very much looking forward to meeting all of you. I will come with food in hand! Thanks again. P.S. I close on my house tomorrow woohoooooo!!!

• doublemom
    19 years ago

Ditto to all the above. We all LOVE to enable new gardeners, and to hear that your yard is a blank canvas, now we can't pass up on that, can we??? Can you let us know if you have sun, shade, some of both, etc.? I have a lot of fun plants that I can share, just need to know the conditions. And I'm sure that there are a lot of other people who will share also, just show up and you'll go home with a lot of nice plants.

See you soon,
    Andi

• RikerBear
    19 years ago

Hello Susan, and welcome to the PNW. Also congrates on the new house and the wedding :-)
    Will be more than happy to share some of my 'extras' with you....I'll bring something special to Tapps just for you.

Marc
    RikerBear

Sponsored
Ferguson Bath, Kitchen & Lighting Gallery
Average rating: 4.4 out of 5 stars233 Reviews
Ferguson Bath, Kitchen & Lighting Gallery