Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
doris_j

HAVE: Poulsbo Trade

Doris_J
15 years ago

I'll be bringing plants to the Poulsbo Trade, but I don't want to bring any home! I'm trying to downsize. So, here are some goodies that I'll be bringing for anyone who wants them:

Heucheras-I have many great Heucheras who unfortunately have lost their names. :) But they're beautiful and need a good home. I do know that I have 'Lime Rickey' (how could you not identify him?). Anyway, there will be a nice variety available.

Hostas-same as above! I have many great named Hostas that I've lost the tags for.

Pacific Coast Irises

Geraniums

Clematis

Peonies

Columbines

Lilies

Solomon's Seal

and more...

Comments (16)

• flora2
    15 years ago

Hi Doris: Am I the lucky one to be first? You and your wonderful plants...Could I have some of the 'Lime Rickey' (used to have it and lost it)and a hosta (or two?) I am going through my "hosta phase" and can't get enough. Are you sure, sure you don't want anything in exchange? If you change your mind, please let me know. Thanks, thanks, thanks

• Doris_J
    Original Author
    15 years ago

I will put your name on a Lime Rickey, and there will be plenty of Hostas. No, I don't need anything in return. I have too much now! :) I just want someone to enjoy them.

• nightnurse1968 (Suzy)
    15 years ago

Hiya Doris!
    Isn't it your birthday soon? :-) Your cast offs are always better than anything you can buy at most nurseries so of course I want to be in line. Clematis, peonies, lilies sound nice. I'm not picky. Geraniums.....do I really need anymore? Probably not but I should ask if you have Rozanne or Purple pillow or anything that's double. :-)
    Thanks for keeping me in mind. Any neat primula you want to get rid of?

• Doris_J
    Original Author
    15 years ago

I might have a Rozanne. I'll look around this weekend. If I do, I'll save it for you. :)

Why, yes, it's my birthday today, and it will be my birthday on Sept 28th, too! You must bring a cake.

• nightnurse1968 (Suzy)
    15 years ago

Thanks Doris!

Cake for the Birthday queen coming right up! And make sure you're there to eat it this time. I think Kellie's brother in law decided it was his birthday last time and claimed your cake!

• barbe_wa
    15 years ago

Hi Doris,
    Don would love any of your hostas and/or heucheras, and I would really like a clematis, peony, Pacific Coast iris - anything? Could you use any fresh garden veggies since you don't want plants? Or maybe a box of chocolates? Thanks, Barb

• Doris_J
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Barb, I will bring lots of Hostas and Heucheras for Don. I have a couple Clematis, 'Multi-Blue' and 'Dr. Ruppel', maybe 'Asao'. Peonies are just the standard garden variety (pink, burgandy, white), but beautiful. And I have a great variety of different colored Pacific Coast Iris. I think between you and Suzie, the Clematis are spoken for.

Hmm, fresh garden veggies, DH would enjoy that. I may take you up on that. :)

• barbe_wa
    15 years ago

Hi Doris,
    The plants sound great - I'll take anything. You know I'm a plantaholic. LOL. Any veggies you don't like? I'll probably just bring whatever is ripe and ready in the garden, but I don't want to bring something you wouldn't enjoy. Are you going to the Olympia trade, too? We might have a better selection then since the way the weather is going this year, we could get an early frost.
    Barb

• Doris_J
    Original Author
    15 years ago

No, I'm just going to Poulsbo, but I'll take whatever's ripe at the time! DH will enjoy anything.

• elaine8_gw
    15 years ago

Hi Doris,
    Please save Laura and me some Hosta and Soloman Seal.
    Thanks, Elaine

• treepalm
    15 years ago

Hi Doris,
    Thanks for the message on my post! I've been so busy with getting my little girl ready for kindergarten and a new puppy that I just haven't been able to get on the computer. If you have some extra, I would love some heuchera, pacific coast iris and hosta. Happy birthday! Do you have one of those unusually birthdays you celibrate 4 times a year? Or was that every 4 years?
    Teresa

• Doris_J
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Yes, I have one of those unusual birthdays. We get to celebrate it once a month. Unfortunately, that makes me quite old. But I do like the cake.

• bejoy_gw
    15 years ago

Hi Doris..Gosh..Such a wonderful list...and as you know I love plants..all kinds. Guess the word is addicted. If you have any of these great plants that are not yet asked for I would love a Pacific Coast Iris and a lily or two, and peonies if any are left.

• sedum_gal
    15 years ago

Wow Doris,
    What a great list!
    If you have any PC Iris or Solomon's Seal still available, I'd give them a good home.
    I'm going to send you home with something to eat...maybe my tomatoes will be ripe by then, and I can make salsa.
    Or----fried GREEN tomatoes, more likely.
    See you soon!

~L

• flowerfan2
    15 years ago

Hi Doris, I am trying to downsize also but I can't resist heucheras. You already gave me a lime ricky which I love. If you have another variety you would like to get rid of I would be happy to take it off your hands. I was still planning on bringing you the maidenhair fern and the coral bark maples that you didn't get this spring. Thanks! Karen

• michelelee
    15 years ago

Hi Doris, I would love a Geranium macrorrhizum 'White-ness' if you are going to bring any with you. This is my favorite Geranium or I would be more than willing to take any others off your hands ;) Will see you there, Michele