Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sedum_gal

wanted: interest in a late summer/early fall swap? (seattle)

sedum_gal
11 years ago

Hey Gardenwebbers,

I may have lined up a lovely old community center on N. Beacon Hill, to host a plant swap later this summer or early fall....

Any interest? I have LOTS of cool plants I'd like to rehome (my new garden is teeny-tiny) and it would be great to see my plant-crazy friends again, and meet some new ones...

~Lisa

Comments (16)

• barbe_wa
    11 years ago

We could probably come to a swap in August, but September is most likely out since we will be with our daughter in Oklahoma. We're hoping to be back home sometime in October but that depends on how she recovers after the surgery. I sure hope we can attend since I, too, have a ton of plants to give away.

• bejoy2
    11 years ago

I would go to a trade in August. I'm having my own trade in September, but it's so far away, I am chomping at the bit. Barb and Don, we'll miss you at my trade, but if this trade comes together, I will bring you something special. Mom and I wish your daughter a favorable outcome and a speedy recovery.

• treepalm
    11 years ago

I would come, if I don't have something already planned!

• sedum_gal
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thanks for the replies----I don't think I could manage to host a trade this month, I guess I was thinking more like late September/early October. Any of you up for a swap around that timeframe?

• bejoy2
    11 years ago

I would do one in October.

• treepalm
    11 years ago

Yep!

• sedum_gal
    Original Author
    11 years ago

OK! Let's shoot for early October. Yay!

• plantknitter
    11 years ago

count me in for early Oct.
    Will be good to see you all!

• plantknitter
    11 years ago

let me know closer to the time if you want some old email addresses for some of the long ago traders

• Patrick888
    11 years ago

I will try to come - I haven't been to a plant swap in quite some time. It's not a bad distance and a good time of year to divest of STUFF!

If anyone is into Gesneriads, let me know. I'd love to have someone local to swap with.

• grrrnthumb
    11 years ago

I'll try to come if I can get free. Patrick, I still have that miniature banana that you forgot last time. :)
    - Tom

• Patrick888
    11 years ago

Early Oct. sounds good...when can you set a date?

If the weather doesn't go south just before the date, I'm contemplating a big change in part of my backyard's layout that will involve digging out a number of plants. I'll try to list some of those items just before the trade date.

Tom, it seems there's always a "left behind" item to help keep us in touch...lol. BTW, you have email!

• barbe_wa
    11 years ago

Any date set yet, Lisa? We're hoping to be back home sometime in early October so we're really interested in a plant trade. Please give us an update.

• Patrick888
    11 years ago

Barbe, thanks for bumping this forward...don't know how I was overlooking it. I hope it happens!

• barbe_wa
    11 years ago

Anybody heard anything more about an October swap?

• Patrick888
    11 years ago

I'm beginning to think it's not going to happen. And my October weekends are starting to fill up with other activities.

Sponsored
EK Interior Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars5 Reviews
TIMELESS INTERIOR DESIGN FOR ENDLESS MEMORIES