Return to the Pacific Northwest Garden Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
wanted: interest in a late summer/early fall swap? (seattle)

Posted by sedum_gal z8, Seattle (My Page) on
Wed, Aug 1, 12 at 14:26

Hey Gardenwebbers,

I may have lined up a lovely old community center on N. Beacon Hill, to host a plant swap later this summer or early fall....
Any interest? I have LOTS of cool plants I'd like to rehome (my new garden is teeny-tiny) and it would be great to see my plant-crazy friends again, and meet some new ones...

~Lisa

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: wanted: interest in a late summer/early fall swap? (seattle

We could probably come to a swap in August, but September is most likely out since we will be with our daughter in Oklahoma. We're hoping to be back home sometime in October but that depends on how she recovers after the surgery. I sure hope we can attend since I, too, have a ton of plants to give away.

o

I would go to a trade in August. I'm having my own trade in September, but it's so far away, I am chomping at the bit. Barb and Don, we'll miss you at my trade, but if this trade comes together, I will bring you something special. Mom and I wish your daughter a favorable outcome and a speedy recovery.

o

I would come, if I don't have something already planned!

o

Thanks for the replies----I don't think I could manage to host a trade this month, I guess I was thinking more like late September/early October. Any of you up for a swap around that timeframe?

o

I would do one in October.

o

Yep!

o
Late summer/early fall swap? (seattle)

OK! Let's shoot for early October. Yay!

o

count me in for early Oct.
Will be good to see you all!

o

let me know closer to the time if you want some old email addresses for some of the long ago traders

o

I will try to come - I haven't been to a plant swap in quite some time. It's not a bad distance and a good time of year to divest of STUFF!

If anyone is into Gesneriads, let me know. I'd love to have someone local to swap with.

o

I'll try to come if I can get free. Patrick, I still have that miniature banana that you forgot last time. :)
- Tom

o

Early Oct. sounds good...when can you set a date?

If the weather doesn't go south just before the date, I'm contemplating a big change in part of my backyard's layout that will involve digging out a number of plants. I'll try to list some of those items just before the trade date.

Tom, it seems there's always a "left behind" item to help keep us in touch...lol. BTW, you have email!

o

Any date set yet, Lisa? We're hoping to be back home sometime in early October so we're really interested in a plant trade. Please give us an update.

o

Barbe, thanks for bumping this forward...don't know how I was overlooking it. I hope it happens!

o

Anybody heard anything more about an October swap?

o

I'm beginning to think it's not going to happen. And my October weekends are starting to fill up with other activities.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from Washington, Oregon, Idaho, Alaska and British Columbia are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Pacific Northwest Garden Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here