Return to the Pacific Northwest Garden Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
HAVE: Portland Swap & potluck

Posted by oldherb z8 Oregon (My Page) on
Sun, Aug 29, 04 at 19:03

I've decided I cannot have folks over to swap without food...so if any of you are planning on coming out feel free to bring food too!

We do have tents if it rains and a lovely covered deck. I even have countertops in my kitchen this year (last fall I did not).

More info on my member's page
Patty

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: HAVE: Portland Swap & potluck

Count me in, Patty. If you need any particular category of food, let me know and I'll see what I can do. I'm still working on my trade list - I'll get it up as soon as I can.
Barb

o

BUMP

o

Hi,

I'm a complete newbie to plant trades. Are there any plants that are verboten?

My mom (also a newbie) and I will be attending but wonder about what type of plants to trade.

I could bring things like Bishop's Weed, Sweet Woodruff, Spearmint, and St. John's Wort but don't know if they would be welcomed as they can be invasive.

At the very least we'll bring some goodies to eat!

Keli

o

Keli: Bring what you have and of course the goodies to eat! I'm looking forward to meeting you and your mom! It's always great to meet new GW folks (or anyone who likes to garden for that matter). The only plants that are not welcome are things like ENGLISH IVY and others on the seriously bad weed lists...

Keep in mind that it's more than just a plant swap...seeds, tools, garden art or objects that can be made into garden art, etc...and then there is always chocolate (0:

I could use a start of your Bishop's weed...it's one of the edible landscape plants I've been wanting to get...I'm not going to plant it in the ground though...it's going in a container.

The goodies you spoke of...are you planning on potlucking with us? I do hope so.

See you in a few days!
Patty

o

Patty,

Thanks for the reply.

Of course I meant goodies to share! :-D

I didn't realize that Bishop's Weed is edible. I'll have to pick your brain about it on Sunday....

This weekend I intend to scrounge around the yard for stuff to bring. I need to decide where to put all of the plants I got at the Hardy Plant sale as well-

Keli

o

Just got all my stuff tagged and started seeing other stuff I have to dig for the swap. (AAAAAHHHHH! Will it never end!) lol

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from Washington, Oregon, Idaho, Alaska and British Columbia are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Pacific Northwest Garden Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here