Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
oldherb

HAVE: Portland Swap & potluck

oldherb
19 years ago

I've decided I cannot have folks over to swap without food...so if any of you are planning on coming out feel free to bring food too!

We do have tents if it rains and a lovely covered deck. I even have countertops in my kitchen this year (last fall I did not).

More info on my member's page

Patty

Comments (6)

• barbe_wa
    19 years ago

Count me in, Patty. If you need any particular category of food, let me know and I'll see what I can do. I'm still working on my trade list - I'll get it up as soon as I can.
    Barb

• dahlia_guy
    19 years ago

BUMP

• keli_or
    19 years ago

Hi,

I'm a complete newbie to plant trades. Are there any plants that are verboten?

My mom (also a newbie) and I will be attending but wonder about what type of plants to trade.

I could bring things like Bishop's Weed, Sweet Woodruff, Spearmint, and St. John's Wort but don't know if they would be welcomed as they can be invasive.

At the very least we'll bring some goodies to eat!

Keli

• oldherb
    Original Author
    19 years ago

Keli: Bring what you have and of course the goodies to eat! I'm looking forward to meeting you and your mom! It's always great to meet new GW folks (or anyone who likes to garden for that matter). The only plants that are not welcome are things like ENGLISH IVY and others on the seriously bad weed lists...

Keep in mind that it's more than just a plant swap...seeds, tools, garden art or objects that can be made into garden art, etc...and then there is always chocolate (0:

I could use a start of your Bishop's weed...it's one of the edible landscape plants I've been wanting to get...I'm not going to plant it in the ground though...it's going in a container.

The goodies you spoke of...are you planning on potlucking with us? I do hope so.

See you in a few days!
    Patty

• keli_or
    19 years ago

Patty,

Thanks for the reply.

Of course I meant goodies to share! :-D

I didn't realize that Bishop's Weed is edible. I'll have to pick your brain about it on Sunday....

This weekend I intend to scrounge around the yard for stuff to bring. I need to decide where to put all of the plants I got at the Hardy Plant sale as well-

Keli

• oldherb
    Original Author
    19 years ago

Just got all my stuff tagged and started seeing other stuff I have to dig for the swap. (AAAAAHHHHH! Will it never end!) lol

Sponsored
Prime Custom Kitchen & Bath
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars43 Reviews
DC Metro's Award Winning Custom Design, Build, and Remodeling Company