Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jburesh1388

have: fall plant swap sept 16 newcastle, wa

jburesh1388
17 years ago

Alright all, I've chosen a date that seems to work for everyone. The swap will be Sept. 16, Saturday, 11am. It can last as long as you like. There will be a potluck. If anyone wants to bring meat, we can fire up the grill.

Email me for directions and cell phone number. There will be parking along the street on both sides.

This is my first time hosting a plant swap, so any advice you can give will be appreciated. And if I forget something, let me know! :) See you all soon,

Jacqueline

Comments (15)

• flowerfan2
    17 years ago

Darn, that is the only week-end in September and October that I will be out of town! I had a lot of nice plants to trade. Oh well, I will see you all next spring with lots of goodies! Karen

• jburesh1388
    Original Author
    17 years ago

oops sorry Karen, you did say that earlier. I'm easy. Let me move it to the 23rd.

REVISED: SEPT 23rd PLANT SWAP 11am.

• kellied
    17 years ago

I wouldn't have made the 16th, either, but the 23rd I should be able to do!

• Doris_J
    17 years ago

Woo hoo! Sept 23rd! I'll be there! Karen, you have to go, as I'll be bringing goodies for you!

• flowerfan2
    17 years ago

Oh great!! I will be there! Thanks for changing the date, you have made my day. See you all on the 23! Karen

• doublemom
    17 years ago

I'll probably be there too... and I'm sure I'll have stuff to trade, I just have to figure out what things in the jungle out there need to be divided LOL!

Kellie - you know you're welcome to stay with us if you need to :)

Andi

• michelelee
    17 years ago

I will be there Jackie. Starting to divide things already. Michele

• nightnurse1968 (Suzy)
    17 years ago

I am definitely goint to try and be there. Might have something that weekend, but won't know until a little closer. Jackie, you might want to repost with the revised date in the heading in case someone doesn't read the whole thread :-) Thanks again for offering to host. I am very much looking forward to seeing everybody again! And Kellie will be there!! A bonus :-)

• madhu
    17 years ago

Hi - I guess I will be the newbie here. Let me introduce myself,my name is Madhu and am a new homeowner(2 weeks old), have lots of empty space but hardly any plants. I am originally from India and love gardening, back home we have few nurseries. We get plants from neighbors and friends(cuttings, seeds, bulbs, etc). I met this nice lady at Molbaks last week who gave me this website information. I would love to come to the plant swap, but might not have much to swap. It would be great to meet all of the garden enthusiasts and get pointers to start a garden. I can bring some Indian food if everyone is ok or some Baklava.

• nightnurse1968 (Suzy)
    17 years ago

Madhu, I am sure you will get lots of extra from traders at the swap. If there are some things you really want post a "want" list and people can bring you what they have. Don't worry about not having much to share..food is good!

• daytime
    17 years ago

howdy,
    any bamboo giveaways i'd be down! where is a cool back way to newcastle from seattle?

daytime

• buyorsell888
    17 years ago

Where is Newcastle WA?

• kellied
    17 years ago

Newcastle is in Washington on I-405 between Renton and Factoria.

• buyorsell888
    17 years ago

Thank you. Too far North for me that weekend, dang.

• Patrick888
    17 years ago

Daytime...got a boat or scuba gear?! lol From Seattle you're going to have to get across or around Lake Washington...not many "back ways" due to that limitation. If you're looking to avoid the freeways as much as possible, there's always Rainier Ave & on down thru Renton.