Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
doris_j

HAVE: Phlomis for Lake Tapps

Doris_J
19 years ago

I've got TONS of Phlomis russeliana for the Lake Tapps trade. I'll be potting it all weekend, so please chime in here if you'd like some!

{{gwi:682398}}

Comments (18)

• maggie56
    19 years ago

WOW - had to do a search on that one Doris - - very nice - - could you tag one for me?? Am hoping it likes a not too sheltered area - - am building a new dry stream bed and would like to put in that area - - - I LOVE the look! Thanks and see you the 18th - - mags

• Doris_J
    Original Author
    19 years ago

It likes full sun. Mine is growing near the road, with no fertilizer or supplemental water. I believe it likes Mediterrenean conditions. How many would you like?

• treepalm
    19 years ago

Hey Doris, you just identified one of my mystery plants! Thanks!
    Teresa

• Doris_J
    Original Author
    19 years ago

Glad I could help, Teresa! lol!

• treepalm
    19 years ago

Hi Doris,
    I just went out to check on mine, now that I know what it is and it isn't there. Probably planted it someplace that was too wet. Can I have some of yours? Please? I know where to plant it now!
    Teresa

• maggie56
    19 years ago

Let's see Dor - you said tons of them........so if I asked for 3 of them I would not be considered a pig?? fingers crossed - - - :)

• Doris_J
    Original Author
    19 years ago

Maggie, I've got three for you, and Teresa, I can bring you one too! There's more, folks.

• Doris_J
    Original Author
    19 years ago

I have pots and pots and pots of beautiful Phlomis (the name just rolls off the tongue). And now, I'm inspired to sing a little ditty for my Phlomis.

I've got Phlomis, on a cloudy day...
    When it's cold outside, I've got Lamiaceae...
    I guess, you say, what can make me feel this way,
    My Sage, my Sage, my Sage, talkin' bout my Sage (Jeruselum, that is)

• barbe_wa
    19 years ago

I would love to have one of your phlomis, Doris. Just one since it looks like it spreads readily.

• Doris_J
    Original Author
    19 years ago

Yes, Barb, it does, but it's not a pest. I'll bring you one.

• CathyJ
    19 years ago

Just LOVE the song, Doris!!!

And I'd love to have a Phlomis or two (provided the slugs don't like them...... Tasty to them? Or not?)

And what can I bring you?

Cathy

• sedum_gal
    19 years ago

(Loud clapping from the gallery...)
    Doris, I didn't know you could sing!
    You mentioned Echinacea in another post---I have a biiiiiig one for you, if you'd like it. Not sure of the name. It's probably E. purpurea, I'm guessing.
    I would love a Phlomis, if I may.
    See you soon!

• Doris_J
    Original Author
    19 years ago

Yes, Cathy and Lisa, Phlomis for EVERYONE!

Lisa, bring on the Echinacea! The more the merrier! Woo hoo!

• Doris_J
    Original Author
    19 years ago

Oh, Cathy, I forgot to address your slug concern. Phlomis do not appeal to the slugs. Probably because of the fuzzy foliage. Blech! Can't imagine that tastes too good.

• kitty32_z8
    19 years ago

Ok... Doris I would like one please. Have a dry area near my driveway that I am working on right now. Ought to look nice.

Kathy

• Doris_J
    Original Author
    19 years ago

OK, Kathy, I've got you down!

• chrisrobt
    19 years ago

Doris, you're probably getting of my saying "me too"

Christine (I've added a couple pics to my dahlia page)

• Doris_J
    Original Author
    19 years ago

Oh, no, Christine, I've got plenty of Phlomis to go around! I've got you down for one!