Return to the Pacific Northwest Garden Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
WANTED: for a newbie

Posted by treepalm z8WA (My Page) on
Sun, Sep 5, 04 at 1:27

Hello everyone,
I have a friend with a new yard that is getting into gardening. She has been nice enough to come and help me weed and I have been picking up things that she might like at different trades. I asked her for a list of things that she would like and this is what she asked for. I would be glad to trade for anything on this list. I have more then I have listed so hopefully I can find something that you might like. I also picked up a few extra small cinnamon ferns this week. I'm planning on going to the Lake Tapps trade and the green elephant trade.
Thanks,
Teresa

Asters
Blue color cranesbills geraniums
Double peonies (any color)
Baptista autralis
Delphiniums (deep blue)
"Annabelle" white mophead hydrangea
Santolina cotton lavender
Lilies Asiatic (any)
Ferns - lady fern, jap. Painted
Some thing that would look good as an understory for Jap. Maple (laceleaf, short ones)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: WANTED: for a newbie

I have Asters, Baptisia, and blue Geraniums. I'll email you later, Teresa.

o

I have two herbacious double peonies, one deep red and one pink, both need to go to good homes. Not because they're bad but because I just don't have them in good spots. Is it an okay time to dig them up this time of year, or should it be done when they're dormant? Anyone know?

Andi

o

Hi Andi,
I think that it is better to dig them when they are dormant, but I just dug one up that I promised to Patrick. It is up to you. What can I bring you? Like I said, I have more then is on my list.
Teresa

o

Teresa -
I don't need anything in return, I'm trying to "simplify" my garden (yeah, right!!!)

I'll see you at the trade,
Andi

o

I can bring up a blue hardy geranium and a lady fern. You were going to bring me a yellow foxglove so we can call it even. See you soon. Karen

o

Thanks everyone! I'm going to surprise her with all these wonderful plants. She may even come with me, which would be even more fun.
Teresa

o

Hi,

Regarding peonies...I think we're far enough into the season that digging them now should be ok (they ARE tough...the ones I received at the May trade in Brinnon seem to all be alive, thanks to generous watering all summer!). Probably a good idea to pot them immediately & maybe keep out of the direct sun.

Patrick

o

On second thought... if you happen to have an extra yellow foxglove, I'd love to have one.

See you soon!
andi

o

Thanks Patrick!

Andi, I have an extra yellow foxglove already potted, so it is yours.

o

Thanks! :)

Andi

o

I have the painted fern and asiatic lilies. I might even have the delphinium. I will check. Let me know!

Megan

o

Thanks Megan! I'm emailing you.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from Washington, Oregon, Idaho, Alaska and British Columbia are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Pacific Northwest Garden Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here