Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
anitadehoff

HAVE: Karl Rosenfeld Peony

anitadehoff
17 years ago

It's still in the ground, plan on digging it out on the 13th. Would like a locale trade for some crocosmia 'Lucifer'. I live in Ballard/Seattle.

Comments (7)

• jburesh1388
    17 years ago

Anita, I'd love your peony, and have a beautiful orange crocrosmia, not lucifer though. check my list and see if there is anything else you'd like. Are you planning on coming to the plant swap on the 23rd?

• anitadehoff
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Hello jburesh,

I won't be going to the plant swap on the 23rd since I only have Karl to trade. It's possible that Karl will be in a paper bag on my parking strip with a free sign on him in the 20th.

• jburesh1388
    17 years ago

Anita,

I'd be happy to meet you somewhere in seattle to swap plants if you are interested in the orange crocrosmia.

You would of course be welcome at the swap even without plants to trade. There will be lots of free plants that don't require anything in return. That's how I populated my yard! :)

• anitadehoff
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Here's a little history on this peony

purchased 1 gal pot from Flower World, in Woodinville?
    now 8 years old
    never produced more than six flowers/spring for the first 7 years
    relocated last fall following some advice from forum members (didn't have the nerve to try and cut up/ divide)
    didn't produce flowers this spring in new location with eyes close to surface of soil

Here is a link with two photos of peony, you will need to click on the "next" button on the right to see another photo. I took the photos this (Tuesday) morning.

Here is a link that might be useful: karl rosenfeld

• jburesh1388
    17 years ago

Anita,

It is not unusual for a peony not to flower the first year after a move. They hate to be transplanted. You might give it another year to produce for you. BTW, fantastic red dahlia! I'd love to trade tubers with you next spring. I'm looking for more red flowers for my garden to match my new bright red adirondack chairs.

• anitadehoff
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Hello jburesh,

Another forum member mentioned how healthy the foliage looked for this time of year. Maybe I should wait another month if I decide to dig. But if I do, I'll probably do it at the same time as the dahlias, so I'll let you know about both.

• jburesh1388
    17 years ago

sounds great! Thank you, I'll take pics of my dahlia and send them to you when we're ready to talk again.

Sponsored
Ramos Timber
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Westerville's Top Craftsman & Exceptional Quality Tile & Stone