Houzz Logo Print
lauraann_gw

HAVE: plants potted for Newcastle trade

lauraann
17 years ago

Here are a few things I have for the Newcastle trade:

Epimedium x versicolor ÂNeosulphureum 1 1g

Kirengeshoma palmata yellow wax bells - 1 sm. D-2

Dicentra spectabilis Âalba white bleeding heart 1 large plant, should be heading into dormancy soon

Alchemilla mollis - several plants

A few freshly rooted starts of some kind of brainy-looking crested sedum

Carex ÂBeatlemania fresh division

Carex ÂTreasure Island small 4"

Stachys lamb ears, clumps

Farfugium argenteae , cream spotted leopard plant - 1 small, but what an awesome plant!

Farfugium japonicum Âcrispatum 1 small 4"

Jeffersonia dyphylla Twinleaf - probably dormant by the trade date, mature roots

Columbines - canadensis and some seedlings I think are from ÂIrish EleganceÂ

Black Cohosh , Actea or Cimicifuga racemosa - probably dormant by the trade, all bloomed this year.

Ligulara dentata - good purple coloring, small 4" pot seedlings

Chrysanthemum coccineum - 3 plants

Darmera peltata 1 yr. seedling

Curly willow, about 2.5' tall

I'll probably come up with more by trade time.

IÂd love to get some things from my want list but am open.

Comments (21)

• flowerfan2
    17 years ago

Hi Lauraann, I would love one of your Epimediums, and one of your brainy-looking crested sedums. That sounds like an interesting plant. What can I bring you? Please check out my trade list and LMK. Thanks! Karen

• Gunnar's Mom
    17 years ago

Lauraann:
    I want to live in your garden! I have about a dozen grains of the PNW native Fritillaria Camschatcensis (aka Rice root, Chocolate Lily.) Would you be interested in a trade for a few roots of the Jeffersonia diphylla?

• Gunnar's Mom
    17 years ago

Wally Hansen calls this Fritillaria lanceolata (F. affinis) aka "Chocolate Lily, Checker Lily, Mission Bells, Rice Root", and he would be correct, since I bought these from him.

• treepalm
    17 years ago

Lauraann,
    May have have a Kirengeshoma palmata yellow wax bells, a brainy-looking crested sedum and a Cimicifuga racemosa. Check my list and I will check my natives.
    Thanks,
    Teresa

• kellied
    17 years ago

Hi, LauraAnn

I'm interested in the curly willow. Can I interest you in a variegated Lily of the Valley?

• lauraann
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Hi Everybody,

Karen, I'll bring the Epimedium and a couple rooted sedum starts. Any chance you have a pc. of Primula kisoana?

Aunatural, definitely, I'll email you tomorrow.

Teresa, all three are set aside for you. K. palmata, a couple sedums and a Cimicifuga racemosa. The latter is big, mature rootstock, the formers are small but the wax bells did produce some flowers this year.

Kellie, sounds good to me. I potted up the best willow today. I still need to send you an email about the Hydrangea/bamboo trade. Do you prefer mops or lacecaps?

• ruth1
    17 years ago

I am interested in both the Fargugium plants, and also the black cohosh. I looked at your list and need to go through my garden to figure out what I have to trade. When you say a tall mahonia, what are you looking for? Thanks.

• lauraann
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Hi Ruth, good question. I have our PNW natives M. repens, nervosa and aquifolium. The latter does get tall but I'm hoping to find M. x media (Charity), gracilipes or maybe even a common (on the other half of the country) M. bealii. I miss the huge, towering leaves, giant flower clusters and winter fragrance. : (

• kellied
    17 years ago

LauraAnn, I'll leave the choice of hydrangeas to you. I'm very flexible.

• jburesh1388
    17 years ago

LauraAnn,

I'd love one or two of your Chrysanthemum coccineum. In addition to what is on my page, I have a bright blue salvia and silver king artemisia.

• plantknitter
    17 years ago

Laura
    I would love to have a Ligularia seedling(s) and a Jeffersonia diphylla.

Do you know if we can/ how to root cuttings of Mahonia lomarifolia?
    I have two large plants that I need to trim off one large leaning over stem from each this fall. I can try tip (that's an understatement) cutting from them before sawing them off.

Judy

• flowerfan2
    17 years ago

Hi Laura, yes I can bring the primula kisoana. I have some echinops potted up as well. Did you want one of those as I see it was on your want list? LMK Karen

• lauraann
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Jacqueline, I'll bring the Chrysanthemum coccineums. No trade necessary for these. They need a good home.

Judy, I'll bring you 3 Lig seedlings and a Jeffersonia but the latter is small, but big enoough to bloom, will be dormant.
    Mahonias are supposed to root from stem and tip cuttings. I have some M/ aquifolium cuttings just barely starting to callous after 2 months. If you are cutting the branch anyway I'd sure give it a try. Has it set fruit for you before?

Thank you Karen, I'd love the Echinops, I've never grown it before, it's time to give it a try.

• michelelee
    17 years ago

Hi Lauraann, I would love your Carex Treasure Island if you can find something from my list. Thanks, Michele

• lauraann
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Hi Michele, I have two small potted starts I'd love to trade for Luzula.

Laura

• andreab
    17 years ago

Has your white bleeding heart been spoken for yet?

I'm new so don't have a lot to offer. Do I have anything you'd be interested in??

thanks,
    Andrea

• michelelee
    17 years ago

It is yours! Thanks. Andreab, check my list. I can bring you some things. Michele

• lauraann
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Hi Andreab, I will be happy to bring a white bleeding heart for you.

Laura

• wisteria54
    17 years ago

I would be interested in clumbs of lambs ears and if you have any left of the brainy sedum (interesting image), but i only have pots to offer in various sizes thanks
    pam (oh yes i have lots of wisteria -purple- seed pods)

• lauraann
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Wisteria54, I can always use extra pots. Thank You.
    These re-seeded like crazy this year. I can bring a big clump.

Laura

• ruth1
    17 years ago

I am interested in both the Farfugium plants, and also the black cohosh. Please check my trade list, and I can also bring you lots of assorted pots. I also have seed starting trays and supplies if you are interested in those. Thanks.

Ruth