Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
grrrnthumb

HAVE: More stuff for Lk Tapps

grrrnthumb
16 years ago

Well please check out the link to my list and see if something interests you, and let me know what you would like to trade.

The cape fuschia is one of my favorite plants to trade because it's one of my best all-around plants for blooming length, hardiness, & attracting hummers.

If any of you have the means to over-winter tropicals I'd love to get you hooked on Angel's trumpets and Datura. I can't even begin to describe how great they smell.

Not on the list yet are some red double hollyhocks, Red Dazzler Cannas, and quaking aspen starts.

Seeds! please bring your seed boxes to trade. I have oooodles of seeds, triple what's listed, and I love to trade them. Even if you don't have anything to trade I love to give away seeds.

Well let me know. I'll be up at dawn tomorrw digging, and I'll keep checking back here, so it's never to late.I love to get all plants in trade, but I was wondering especially if anyone had an extra short version of Shasta Daisies with the regular full-sized flowers. Thanks!

Good growing.

- Tom

Here is a link that might be useful: Tom's trade list

Comments (17)

• Rick
    16 years ago

oh, hey, I'd be interested in some of the canna! And bringing seeds is an interesting idea, I'll see what I have there. And I'd be interested in a few seeds for a yellow tomato if anyone has something like that....

• grrrnthumb
    Original Author
    16 years ago

I'll bring you the canna Rick.
    I also forgot to mention to everyone that I have a whole bunch of Aristolochia elegans, Dutchman's Pipe Vine seedlings to trade. This is hardy here in Marysville Z8a. Most beautiful vine for our area IMHO. The leaves are big and beautiful, and the flowers are very exotic. :)
    - Tom

• albabela
    16 years ago

Mee too for the canna please! I'll bring my seeds stash box - you are welcome to rummmage through it.

-Shilpa

• grrrnthumb
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Hi Shilpa, do you have any plants to trade? Get your "Plants I have to trade" filled out and then we'll talk. You're not a newby anymore! LOL :)

• albabela
    16 years ago

Not a newbie anymore? Aww man!

My list is posted under 'have for lake tapps - Albabela". I get too much junk from out of state people who want to trade stuff. So I removed my have list and posted it all here.
    See you tomorrow!

• nightnurse1968 (Suzy)
    16 years ago

Hi Tom
    I'd love to try a brug cutting or whatever you have available. I have a post with a few things I have available
    http://forums.gardenweb.com/forums/load/expacnw/msg0812323220790.html?2 , plus my trade list is fairly up to date. Just have to dig some of it if you want it. In addition, I know I will have dug for sure some darmera peltata, Carex Frosty Curls, Geranium magnificum, pulmonaria rubra, some June bearing strawberries. Let me know if I can bring you anything else. I would love to try some of your echinacea seed. I will see what you bring. I will try to bring some seed myself. Thanks,
    Susan

• grrrnthumb
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Hi Susan, yes I can bring you a brugmansia. Do you think you can also keep a triple yellow Datura over the winter? They need to be above freezing and more humidity than a house has. Usually a greenhouse plant in the winter.
    Do you still have the rogusa rose left? If not maybe the darmera. :)
    - Tom

• grrrnthumb
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Shilpa I posted on your other thread. Thanks for showing me where your list was. :)
    - Tom

• grrrnthumb
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Ok Rick, I now have you down for the following:
    Red Dazzler Canna
    Lg Red Epi cuttings
    Miniature Pink Epi cuttings
    Idiot proof small orchid (I think that's it's latin name)
    Tacca chantrieri seedling

Shilpa - Red Dazzler canna

Susan - Brugmansia plant

You guys let me know if I forgot anything. :)
    - Tom

• nightnurse1968 (Suzy)
    16 years ago

Thanks Tom. I better not take the Datura because I have nothing but the house to keep it in. I do still have two rosa rugosa. I have cut them way back for travelling purposes. I don't have a nice vehicle to transport like you! But I have no doubt they will come up in full force in the spring. You are welcome to them and the darmera.

• Rick
    16 years ago

That looks great, Tom, thanks! And I have you down for:

ice cream banana (M. acuminata)
    passioflower
    bauhinia
    tibouchina
    1-2 citrus trees (it turns out I only have limes by the way, but I have both the common lime (Bears?) and the Kaffir lime)
    and whatever else I can sneak into your pile when you're not looking.

I have Andi down for the Cavendish banana and a mystery plant

I have nightnurse down for tibouchina and a citrus tree

and flora2 down for the other bauhinia

Hopefully that matches other people's notes? Did I forget anybody?

So that leaves me with a passionflower, 3 lemon eucalyptus, a tibouchina, 3 lime trees, 2 mystery plants and 2 paddle plants (I forgot to mention those earlier). Oh yeah, and there's that Ubame Oak that I'm going to sneak in and pretend I don't know who brought it...

• nightnurse1968 (Suzy)
    16 years ago

Hey Tom...I was wrong. Karen IS going to be at the trade tomorrow. She got back from vacation a day early.

• plantknitter
    16 years ago

Tom
    I can bring the golden hops for you and I have some Delphinium 'Temple Gong' seed.
    I trade for some of your aristolochia seedling plants.

PNWJudy

jbracik AT msn DOT com

• kellied
    16 years ago

Hey,Rick, if you have an extra one, could I please have a lemon eucalyptus?
    I'm not sure what I might have that you'd want. I'll bet I can get Lanelle and Mark to cover it for me, though.

• grrrnthumb
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Sure Judy, I'll bring you the Aristolochia elegans vine. They're real small still so I'll bring 2.
    What's a "Temple Gong" Delphinium? I couldn't find that one on Google. Thanks!

• Rick
    16 years ago

Hey, no problem Kellie, I have 3 extra lemon eucalyptus, so you're welcome to have one of those.

Some info I saw recently indicates that these might grow outside around here, but I'm not sure I would count on that. But maybe in a protected spot closer to the coast, they would do alright?

• plantknitter
    16 years ago

'Temple Gong' was a cultivar from Heronswood, nice blue and purple flower without any white. I hope the seed will be true, I don't have any other delphs.
    I'm in north Edmonds, so you could come by my place to look over what other plants I have that you would like, sometime.
    I've been fighting off being sick and working full time so I'm not bringing much to the trade.
    I can bring fresh seed of native dogwood, arum italicum, iris tenax--already dry, and bilardiara, maybe eccremocarpus if it is ready.

Sponsored
Your Source for Tailored Remodeling Solutions in Loudoun County