Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
buyorsell888

WANTED: Fall Swap in Portland Area?

buyorsell888
17 years ago

Is there going to be a fall swap in the Portland area?

Comments (8)

• hemnancy
    17 years ago

I'm getting green with envy over the green elephant sale in the Seattle area. Can those of us down here find a place to have a similar exchange on Nov 4? How about a park with restrooms, or the WA PUD rooms? Anyone else interested?

• barbe_wa
    17 years ago

I'm in the Kelso/Longview area and would be interested in a swap in either of them or Vancouver or north Portland.

• lexer
    17 years ago

Hello,

Did the swap happen? I would be interested in future swaps. I'm in the greater portland area.
    Lex

• buyorsell888
    Original Author
    17 years ago

No Portland fall swap occured, that I know of, anyway....

• azehav
    17 years ago

My neigbors and I were just talking about a swap. We are in Sellwood in Portland. There are two huge parks with restrooms one on either side of our neighborhood.

Perhaps a Spring Swap? Divisions? Rose starts? We have a neighborhood paper we can advertise in. Our frost free date is April 15. Perhaps around then?

• barbe_wa
    17 years ago

If you decide to have it, please announce it here on GW. I am always interested in swaps in driving distance. I think I'm addicted, but it's just so much fun!

• azehav
    17 years ago

Definitely going to do it. Sellwood Park parking lot, likely around April Fools Day. Will repost with exact time and date. Get to propagating!

• pdxjules
    17 years ago

Angela has set a plan for Sellwood Park in early April (see her more recent Post for details) ...

and I'd also like you to reserve April 21, 2007 for a what I HOPE will be a big Plant/Seed Swap and Give-away.

April 21 Pant & Seed Swap info:

Please add to your usual list of Portland-area Spring Swaps this one, combined with the Friends of Portland Community Gardens, to beef-up their annual Plant and Seed Give-Away, on Saturday, April 21.

This happens at the Annual EARTH DAY Celebration - which this year is appropriately to be called:

Planting the Seeds of Community -

So, GardenWebbers!! Please attend, invite all your Garden Clubs, and help give that theme some meaning...

Earth Day 2007 will be held in NE Portland at Woodlawn Park, near the Woodlawn Elementary School and Community Garden, just north of 11th & NE Dekum. Lots will be going on,including music, and a great Kids Play area. Over 100 organizations participated last year!

# 75, 8 bus, & # 6 are close. All connect to MAX.

Anywhere from 1,000 to 5,000 people, including many new, young homeowners, may attend...so begin your Winter Sowing now, to pot-on in April, and also think what you'd like to divide - as WE NEED PLANTS! Want to clear out that seed bin? Ok to break down store seed packets in to Smaller, labelled Seed packets. Any are wonderful...as there will be many grateful takers, who will surely reciprocate in coming years. The City Repair is a pay-it-forward culture, and they coordinate this free, positive Earth Day observance.

It's best to come to Earth Day 2007 in the morning, as crowds may be large after noon. Whatever is there could go fast. OK to drop off stuff, then park by my house if you like, on NE 9th Ave.

Leftover items from Angela's Swap can be easily given away on Earth Day, April 21. I have shady storage space to gather things all during April, & I live near Woodlawn Park where 2007 Earth Day will be held.

You can call me for info...or to drop off (labelled) plants prior to the April 21 event...and get something from my overgrown farmyard, & maybe even my aging, crusty seed bins. Cell: 503-809-9697

Let's get Swapping!

Julie
    (who will have loads of seedlings in May-June to share, so don't be shy!)