Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
bejoy_gw

HAVE: For Lake Tapps Trade

bejoy_gw
19 years ago

I have the following plants potted up ..for Lake Tapps if anyone is interested?

Columbine..unknown seedling..but might be pink Nora Barlow

Siberian Iris..purple..Montbretia..mixed orange and red

Sweet Woodruff

Vinca Minor

Dwarf Bamboo..plain green colored

Currant bush seedling..NOT the native one

Kenilworth Ivy

Campanula Persicifolia..purple

St. John's Wort..volunteer..may be small or large flowered.

I do have others and will post them when I figure out which ones they are. *G*

Here is a link that might be useful: My exchange page

Comments (8)

• doublemom
    19 years ago

I'd love to have the dwarf bamboo.. I'll take a peek at your trade page and see what I can offer you in return.

Andi

• bejoy_gw
    Original Author
    19 years ago

Andi...the dwarf bamboo is yours! I am looking at your web site now...(and drooling a good bit!) *G* What a great web site...so beautifully done and your photos are gorgeous! I will email you..I am quite busy right now...looking at all the wonders you have in your garden. hehe

• treepalm
    19 years ago

Hello Bejoy,
    May I have one of your St. John's Worts? What kind of natives are you looking for?
    Teresa

• chrisrobt
    19 years ago

Teresa, St John's Wort is really invasive; I can bring some for you if Bejoy runs out.

Christine

• treepalm
    19 years ago

Thanks Christine, I keep forgetting that it is on the King County invasive list. I'm going to change my mind and not get any. I'm trying not to have invasive plants in my yard. But that one is hard to give up since I remember it from our yard as a kid.
    Teresa

• treepalm
    19 years ago

Hi everyone, I went back and actually read the webpage about St. Johnswort. It is on the invasive list, but it also says that it isn't the 'ornamental St. Johnswort found in gardens'. Here is the website, so your can check it out yourself if you want to.

http://dnr.metrokc.gov/wlr/lands/weeds/stjohn.htm

If it isn't too late, I would like several of them. Let me know what you would like.
    Teresa

• bejoy_gw
    Original Author
    19 years ago

Hi Teresa....I am emailing you privately too. But I will certainly save some St. Johnswort for you.

Christine..Thanks for reminding us that St. Johnsort is invasive and that it is on the invasive plant list in King County.

Here it is not considered an invasive plant(at least not yet) and on this tiny island I live on..it is commonly used for soil erosion...like I use it. One BIG plus is that the deer do not eat it (!!!)and there are so few other plants that can grow outside a very tall and well maintained fence here where the deer reign supreme.

I have both the small flowered and the large flowered variety...but not much at all of the small flowered.

Hope to see you all at the Lake Tapps Plant Swap.

Here is a link that might be useful: My exchange page

• treepalm
    19 years ago

If you have some to spare, could I get some montbretia, too. My orange isn't doing so well (too many weeds for too long)
    Teresa