Return to the Pacific Northwest Garden Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
WANTED: Food for Lisa's

Posted by albabela 8 WA (US) (My Page) on
Mon, Sep 22, 08 at 13:01

I will bring a pumpkin walnut bread.

(Doris, do you "need" some banana bread - seeing its your birthday again :)?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: WANTED: Food for Lisa's

Laura and Elaine will bring chicken tenders cooked in a BBQ sauce. Lisa will you have an extra outlet available for the crockpot?

o

Mmm, banana bread...no nuts...mmm...

That's right, I forgot about the food! I think I'll see what the folks with kitchens will be bringing, and I'll try to fill in a gap!

o

I think I should bring something from my country, Peru. All right, I will bring a quinoa salad...very nutricious, easy, and super easy to transport. Looking forward to it.
Flor de Maria

o

flora,
IF and only IF it is not too much trouble for you ---- could you please put aside a bit of the quinoa salad that does not have meat (chicken/fish/seafood) in it? I have prepared quinoa before and it was just lacking some ..oomph. I would love to try your authentic version.

thanks!

o
Food!

I will be making wasabi coleslaw, and *maybe* sour cream cucumbers...
Depends on how busy I am Friday sorting and labeling plants...
See you all soon!

~Lisa

o

Albabela: Sure. Actually I don't put any meat in it. To be honest, we don't use it salads (maybe they do now that Gourmet magazine said Peruvian food is the "new rage") but since it is so nutricious I made a salad that seemed pretty good to me. I hope you will like it.

o

I will bring a fruit salad and some chocolate rocky road bars. Karen

o

IF I'm coming -- :( &*#!@*%-- I've been sick. :~((

I'll bring pirogi, (potato cheese kind),, they would be best reheated in a microwave.

o

Judy: Do you make them from scratch? I hope you feel better soon.

o

Oh Judy, DO feel better soon---I'd LOVE to show you my garden and point out all the neat plants I've gotten from you over the years... :o)
There's a microwave, extra outlets and hot and cold running water available...indoor plumbing too!
SOOOOO looking forward to seeing you all on Sunday.

~L

o

Everyone's dishes sound so delicious! I'm not feeling super creative so I'm thinking I'll bring some fruit & cheese & crackers.

Andrea

o

Should we bring lawn chairs?

o

Albabela: My apologies. Things go really busy today. I went to QFC at about eleven tonight to find out they were out of quinoa and then I felt a little lazy to run somewhere else to find it. I promise I will make it next time. I will bring some "semi healthy" sweet bars for tomorrow--just kidding, very healthy.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from Washington, Oregon, Idaho, Alaska and British Columbia are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Pacific Northwest Garden Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here