Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
albabela

WANTED: Food for Lisa's

albabela
15 years ago

I will bring a pumpkin walnut bread.

(Doris, do you "need" some banana bread - seeing its your birthday again :)?

Comments (13)

• elaine8_gw
    15 years ago

Laura and Elaine will bring chicken tenders cooked in a BBQ sauce. Lisa will you have an extra outlet available for the crockpot?

• Doris_J
    15 years ago

Mmm, banana bread...no nuts...mmm...

That's right, I forgot about the food! I think I'll see what the folks with kitchens will be bringing, and I'll try to fill in a gap!

• flora2
    15 years ago

I think I should bring something from my country, Peru. All right, I will bring a quinoa salad...very nutricious, easy, and super easy to transport. Looking forward to it.
    Flor de Maria

• albabela
    Original Author
    15 years ago

flora,
    IF and only IF it is not too much trouble for you ---- could you please put aside a bit of the quinoa salad that does not have meat (chicken/fish/seafood) in it? I have prepared quinoa before and it was just lacking some ..oomph. I would love to try your authentic version.

thanks!

• sedum_gal
    15 years ago

I will be making wasabi coleslaw, and *maybe* sour cream cucumbers...
    Depends on how busy I am Friday sorting and labeling plants...
    See you all soon!

~Lisa

• flora2
    15 years ago

Albabela: Sure. Actually I don't put any meat in it. To be honest, we don't use it salads (maybe they do now that Gourmet magazine said Peruvian food is the "new rage") but since it is so nutricious I made a salad that seemed pretty good to me. I hope you will like it.

• flowerfan2
    15 years ago

I will bring a fruit salad and some chocolate rocky road bars. Karen

• plantknitter
    15 years ago

IF I'm coming -- :( &*#!@*%-- I've been sick. :~((

I'll bring pirogi, (potato cheese kind),, they would be best reheated in a microwave.

• flora2
    15 years ago

Judy: Do you make them from scratch? I hope you feel better soon.

• sedum_gal
    15 years ago

Oh Judy, DO feel better soon---I'd LOVE to show you my garden and point out all the neat plants I've gotten from you over the years... :o)
    There's a microwave, extra outlets and hot and cold running water available...indoor plumbing too!
    SOOOOO looking forward to seeing you all on Sunday.

~L

• andreab
    15 years ago

Everyone's dishes sound so delicious! I'm not feeling super creative so I'm thinking I'll bring some fruit & cheese & crackers.

Andrea

• elaine8_gw
    15 years ago

Should we bring lawn chairs?

• flora2
    15 years ago

Albabela: My apologies. Things go really busy today. I went to QFC at about eleven tonight to find out they were out of quinoa and then I felt a little lazy to run somewhere else to find it. I promise I will make it next time. I will bring some "semi healthy" sweet bars for tomorrow--just kidding, very healthy.

Sponsored
SK Interiors
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Loudoun County's Top Kitchen & Bath Designer I Best of Houzz 2014-2022